• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ericjcrash

1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Snow's about done here, still very windy and blowing snow. Some photos from just now on my street. As you can tell, snow is very drifty here so very difficult to measure accurately. Some areas have couple of foot drifts, some areas are almost bare. 

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

• Like 4

Picked up close to an inch in last 90 minutes...will say we probably have right around 10".   Not bad considering we were on the western fringe of the east end band much of the afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

LOL.  Newark's 430 climate report says they got 12.7 inches today.  That has to be an error

More believable than the 4" and 6" Queens airports 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Highly unlikely. Probably around 5-7.

I think they reported 8 on the ground recently so somewhere near 9.    I just realized they had Laguardia at 6.80 liquid today too...that should be 70-75 inches of snow

22 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

PRES 28.28 :o

Highest sustained wind on record for Halifax in January.

While intensification is still under way, #Halifax already beat a (sustained) wind record for January! 81 km/h at 4 PM beats record from 1973. #NSstorm #wind#Grayson pic.twitter.com/tPcENVeOvU

4PM Updates

Central Park still at 7.8 inches, so apparently there was no snow between one and 4 o'clock there despite the healthy looking radar part of that time.

LaGuardia still at 5.2 inches but Newark comes in with the final tally of 12.7.

I'm starting to think it's all just a big game with these guys and they really are trying to mess with my head. It's working.

1 minute ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:
4PM Updates

Central Park still at 7.8 inches, so apparently there was no snow between one and 4 o'clock there despite the healthy looking radar part of that time.

LaGuardia still at 5.2 inches but Newark comes in with the final tally of 12.7.

I'm starting to think it's all just a big game with these guys and they really are trying to mess with my head. It's working.

This cold season so far Upton has NOT updated snow amounts on the 440pm climate reports.  So that is normal for this winter and has occurred on prior snow events.

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This cold season so far Upton has NOT updated snow amounts on the 440pm climate reports.  So that is normal for this winter and has occurred on prior snow events.

That may be so but it sure doesn't explain the 12.7 inches at Newark or the 5.2 inches at LaGuardia which was a 1 o'clock there. 12.7 at Newark was the 4 PM update.

No point in complaining nothings ever really done about it, but I'll continue to complain anyway.

..just came in..brutal out there.

drifting is unreal..got a 2' drift across the driveway..measured in a few spots

12" 18" 14"...going with 14.5"..thats my best guess at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That may be so but it sure doesn't explain the 12.7 inches at Newark or the 5.2 inches at LaGuardia which was a 1 o'clock there. 12.7 at Newark was the 4 PM update.

No point in complaining nothings ever really done about it, but I'll continue to complain anyway.

I think the 12.7 was an error like the 6.80 liquid was for LGA

On second thought, I think we may have gotten to 12 or 13”. After walking around some more, there are drifts a good 4ft high or so, and the amount of snow we have in the streets still makes me think we’re about there. I know about roof blowoff though and know some of the totals will likely be inflated. Regardless, this is one of my all time favorites around here for sure. What a beast especially late morning and from 1-3:30pm. 

Also, light snow again now from the last weenie band coming through. 

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

On second thought, I think we may have gotten to 12 or 13”. After walking around some more, there are drifts a good 4ft high or so, and the amount of snow we have in the streets still makes me think we’re about there. I know about roof blowoff though and know some of the totals will likely be inflated. Regardless, this is one of my all time favorites around here for sure. What a beast especially late morning and from 1-3:30pm. 

Also, light snow again now from the last weenie band coming through. 

I think you're close.  I got a report that Merrick was around 12 so given ISP was 16 and we think Queens is largely 8-11 makes sense

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

I think you're close.  I got a report that Merrick was around 12 so given ISP was 16 and we think Queens is largely 8-11 makes sense

There’s a possibly inflated 15” total in Baldwin on the last statement. But we did really pile up for a couple hours with the deform band, that was 2” an hour stuff. 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Alot of Brooklyn queens si and The Bronx got 9 plus inches.