Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Pouring heavy snow now with visibility <1/4 mile.  Getting hard to measure with the wind, so took a dozen or so measurements and as of 9:30 am it averages about 2.5", which make sense, since we were around 1.5" at 8:30, which is is 1" per hour, a pretty decent rate.  If the current even heavier rate holds, it'll be maybe 1.5" per hour - it's amazing out there right now.

Just got in from taking our son to the doc for a sinus infection. Local/county roads and Route 1 are treacherous, but nobody's out, so not that big of a deal).  As of noon, we have about 5" of snow, which continues our 1" per hour rates since 8:30 am.  Looks like we should make 6".  Really thought it looked like more than 1" per hour, but that's what I measured - and in a windy situation like this, I take the average of about a dozen measurements in our fairly quiescent back yard (away from trees and the house), so I don't think I could measure much better.  Have been off line for 90 minutes, which I hate during a storm, but I did get a chance to go for a walk and a drive, which was nice, as it's just gorgeous out there. Time to shovel.  

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Just got in from taking our son to the doc for a sinus infection. Local/county roads and Route 1 are treacherous, but nobody's out, so not that big of a deal).  As of noon, we have about 5" of snow, which continues our 1" per hour rates since 8:30 am.  Looks like we should make 6".  Really thought it looked like more than 1" per hour, but that's what I measured - and in a windy situation like this, I take the average of about a dozen measurements in our fairly quiescent back yard (away from trees and the house), so I don't think I could measure much better.  Have been off line for 90 minutes, which I hate during a storm, but I did get a chance to go for a walk and a drive, which was nice, as it's just gorgeous out there. Time to shovel.  

Thanks again for your observations. Thought we could make a run at 8 but 6 looks more like it.

Reading through this thread is a roller coast of emotions.. I'm sitting at my office desk in Parsippany looking at a pretty decent clip of snow and wind; the roads in from Chester at 8:00 am were treacherous, even 287.

For our area, we were always on the low end of expectations, but I for one am impressed by the storms western path; considering most global models had this storm dancing with the fishes.

Cheers to those who cleaned up.

Archived