Weathernoob335
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

PRES 28.28 :o

Highest sustained wind on record for Halifax in January.

While intensification is still under way, #Halifax already beat a (sustained) wind record for January! 81 km/h at 4 PM beats record from 1973. #NSstorm #wind#Grayson pic.twitter.com/tPcENVeOvU

4PM Updates

Central Park still at 7.8 inches, so apparently there was no snow between one and 4 o'clock there despite the healthy looking radar part of that time.

LaGuardia still at 5.2 inches but Newark comes in with the final tally of 12.7.

I'm starting to think it's all just a big game with these guys and they really are trying to mess with my head. It's working.

1 minute ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:
4PM Updates

Central Park still at 7.8 inches, so apparently there was no snow between one and 4 o'clock there despite the healthy looking radar part of that time.

LaGuardia still at 5.2 inches but Newark comes in with the final tally of 12.7.

I'm starting to think it's all just a big game with these guys and they really are trying to mess with my head. It's working.

This cold season so far Upton has NOT updated snow amounts on the 440pm climate reports.  So that is normal for this winter and has occurred on prior snow events.

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This cold season so far Upton has NOT updated snow amounts on the 440pm climate reports.  So that is normal for this winter and has occurred on prior snow events.

That may be so but it sure doesn't explain the 12.7 inches at Newark or the 5.2 inches at LaGuardia which was a 1 o'clock there. 12.7 at Newark was the 4 PM update.

No point in complaining nothings ever really done about it, but I'll continue to complain anyway.

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That may be so but it sure doesn't explain the 12.7 inches at Newark or the 5.2 inches at LaGuardia which was a 1 o'clock there. 12.7 at Newark was the 4 PM update.

No point in complaining nothings ever really done about it, but I'll continue to complain anyway.

I think the 12.7 was an error like the 6.80 liquid was for LGA

On second thought, I think we may have gotten to 12 or 13”. After walking around some more, there are drifts a good 4ft high or so, and the amount of snow we have in the streets still makes me think we’re about there. I know about roof blowoff though and know some of the totals will likely be inflated. Regardless, this is one of my all time favorites around here for sure. What a beast especially late morning and from 1-3:30pm. 

Also, light snow again now from the last weenie band coming through. 

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

On second thought, I think we may have gotten to 12 or 13”. After walking around some more, there are drifts a good 4ft high or so, and the amount of snow we have in the streets still makes me think we’re about there. I know about roof blowoff though and know some of the totals will likely be inflated. Regardless, this is one of my all time favorites around here for sure. What a beast especially late morning and from 1-3:30pm. 

Also, light snow again now from the last weenie band coming through. 

I think you're close.  I got a report that Merrick was around 12 so given ISP was 16 and we think Queens is largely 8-11 makes sense

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

I think you're close.  I got a report that Merrick was around 12 so given ISP was 16 and we think Queens is largely 8-11 makes sense

There’s a possibly inflated 15” total in Baldwin on the last statement. But we did really pile up for a couple hours with the deform band, that was 2” an hour stuff. 

Archived