Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nycwinter said:

i think that was the number as of  9:50 am at jfk..it has snowed quite a bit since then they have not updated the info...

The SNINCR remarks in the 17Z METARs only had 4 and 6.  They may have compaction but I just think they cannot measure in this.  EWR has 5 so you figure LGA/JFK should be way higher

13 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

There's no way to tell. We've had 3-4 inch an hour rates in point pleasant beach since 7:30. 

Yeah, I'm expecting some pretty whacky totals on the final PNS for this storm. Someone might report 25" while just a few towns over report something like 12". lol

11 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Also, I'm sure it's been pointed out already, but the WPC analyzed the nor'easter at a mind-boggling 951 mb at 15z (and apparently no bent-back warm front yet, so still room for further deepening?). It looks like surface pressure verified on the deeper end of model guidance despite the concerns about CFI.

8DjuBFu.png

And so close to pressure of Sandy in that location.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DRmetwatch/status/948963220034867200/photo/1

Snow accumulations looking better in LIC. Up to 4 or 5”? And close to Blizzard conditions? Heavy blowing snow, lots of drifting.  will go for a Jebwalk around 2:30.  I have a feeling we’re going to have that deform band pivot over NYC which would be epic. Keeping an eye on it for sure. 

13 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The SNINCR remarks in the 17Z METARs only had 4 and 6.  They may have compaction but I just think they cannot measure in this.  EWR has 5 so you figure LGA/JFK should be way higher

for some reason when i look at the nws snow totals you can go 7 hours before a update for central park. a lot can happen in the time between measuring...

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Saw a report of a foot in Tom's river with drifts to 3 feet

I'm hanging at my mom's house because they are old, retired and figured they need help shoveling. They are about 7 miles west of Seaside Heights. Drifts are between 3 and 4 feet on the side of the house. Impossible to tell how much snow has fallen. 

This is about 45 minutes ago. It's pouring huge flakes now. 

Archived