Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Definitely a lull now here but hopefully it’s short lived. Looks like a band from Suffolk might push in soon. 

Ya I think we are in a good spot.  More bands rotating in off the ocean and the deform will eventually rotate through as the storm pulls east.  Slight lull here in Lindenhurst now (still mod snow and intense wind), but I think we have plenty of action left!  Just awesome!  Definitely not taking this for granted.

Holy crap! All hell broke loose in the last five minutes. I can no longer see across the Major Deegan (my windows face it). I also had a house shaking gust of wind. I have dust flying out from underneath my moldings and walls and snow coming in through the walls. Might have more to do with the fact that I live in a 120 year old townhouse, but still, never had wind like this before!

Last obs sent via Phi NWS skywarn

I probably will not be going back out there again.. too dangerous :)

Bayville (Berkley Township) NJ 08721
1/4/2018 11:00 AM
Heavy Snow
Total Snow accumilation 16"
Low visibility less than 100 Yards. Drifts up to 4 feet. Blizzard conditions.

Here in Brooklyn - Bensonhurst 66th St and 17th Ave - white out condition with heavy snow and very strong gusting winds. Temp around 22 degrees. This is the worst of the storm so far . Reminiscent of the Boxing Day storm. Won't go out to clear snow until conditions get better.

Vic V

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

No shot. Look at their radar. 

JFK has shut down.

Boston and E MA has its coastal front convergence area that enhances snow often in storms like these. But you can see west of that breaks are appearing outside of the main deform band. Some weenies in E CT and central MA might get relatively jipped. 

Archived