Newest Member
    Dano62
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 30 DBZ + area is now down to .1 mile vis and gusts to 45 at ISP. I am in SW Suffolk and getting very similar conditions as ISP.

go_cgi.gif.5f1238bbc8f850c1d30da2a6ff66c065.gif

Same here in Lindenhurst, Chris.  Some house-shaking gusts.  Probably 5" or so OTG, although measuring'll be quite the challenge.  Snow weeine's ultimate fantasy come to life!

I won't post the whole thing, but Upton's AFD is a classic read top to bottom.  They are reporting thundersnow at the office, 950mb low through the benchmark, eye-like feature showing up on radar and then frigid cold to follow. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Where are you? And this has been what happening all morning. Look at the yellows die when they hit the city,  still dumping but need more lol. 

74cc1b97-05c4-439f-ac93-1f526f6aef31.gif

Maspeth. Fine flakes until about an hour ago. Now, it's on.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Where are you? And this has been what happening all morning. Look at the yellows die when they hit the city,  still dumping but need more lol. 

74cc1b97-05c4-439f-ac93-1f526f6aef31.gif

They are but rightnow just west of SI it is really is coming down even without those death bands. Maybe someone can explain that.

2 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Same here in Lindenhurst, Chris.  Some house-shaking gusts.  Probably 5" or so OTG, although measuring'll be quite the challenge.  Snow weeine's ultimate fantasy come to life!

Same here, Eduardo. The latest visible satellite image says it all.

IMG_0055.thumb.GIF.54e9eb44ebe089ca5ce5bd29eac3ca24.GIF

1 minute ago, ILoveWinter said:

Yes but the strength did allow the prep field to extend further west than modeled which is what we had expected to see.

Well I think part of it is that strong 250mb jet streak that some have mentioned. The NW side of the storm is very well developed.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Mostly light, blowing snow. Poor visibility. Probably have about an inch on the ground. I'm at work, my company doesn't close unless it's one of those 3-4" per hour storms.

Well these days most stay open and allow you to take off if you want. At least at the best companies. My wife's won't charge a sick or vac day for that.

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It'll be interesting where this band settles for a while. Looks almost Boxing Day 2010-esque and will rock the NJ shore. 

I really thought we has a chance at the deform band this time.  I think it ends up west of us...yet again. 

Archived