Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Light snow on the UWS. I put so much salt down Saturday it’s having trouble accumulating. Obviously not for long. This is definitly looking like a big deal for the western part of the island. Maybe a surprise mix out east

..i started out that way.FRZ RAIN/SLEET..temp was 29.4*..i've transitioned over to

snow with a current temp of 28.7.

12 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Indeed. would love to be in one your local rahway river parks after this thing gets cranking; you can feel like its wilderness amidst the suburbs

I’m actually in Kenilworth now which is right next door.  But right next to Nomahegan Park if you’ve ever been to it, great place to go too for a jebwalk during or after a storm.

Winds are already wicked here.

4 minutes ago, Dino said:

6:30am - Dusting so far in LIC/Queens. Weak performance here thus far. Will be tough getting more than 4”. 

Checketh thy meteorological echo location device and praythee reconsider thy contention.

sorry, I couldn't resist the Ducreaux.

get back to us in 30 mins, the good stuff is just getting there

My dad just texted as he arrived to work near Hackensack, conditions rapidly deteriorated.

Everyone be patient, especially the guy in Woodbridge, you're in the sweet spot for NJ. This has been long modeled to have a tight gradient in north jersey. I'm in Chester and have expected 2-3"...anything over that is gravy. 

Look at what's building on the radar Sarcus posted. Tremendous moisture moving in. 

12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The yellow 30DBZ echo band just moved over here in SW Suffolk. Visibility quickly dropped  near to below 1/4 mile with heavy snow and blowing snow.

WUNIDS_map.gif.df62f7bbc7582536872324f8fd156947.gif

You look to be in a fantastic location for some nice banding.  I’m in Union County NJ just west of the city, hoping we get some nice frontogenesis and banding here.

4 minutes ago, SleetStormNJ said:

You look to be in a fantastic location for some nice banding.  I’m in Union County NJ just west of the city, hoping we get some nice frontogenesis and banding here.

I work at the port in Elizabeth . It’s coming down hard now ...some intense bands sitting just offshore will get here within the hour 

3 minutes ago, SleetStormNJ said:

I always remember the cutoffs being sharp west of the Hudson River. It was almost like a dividing line when I lived there.

Archived