Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm alive after a pretty harrowing jebwalk earlier lol.

I just realized that your question wasn't about a small bay. This is the first time visibility has been good enough to see it! I thought it was a small pond! 

rEWSe9g.jpg

More coming soon...

Lol.  Unless I'm mistaken that's one of the "creeks" behind the Mallard Island development.  Impressive that it's frozen over!  Looking forward to more pics.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
37 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

DCA’s official precip was 0.10”

makes sense.  i was up for much of the storm and we never got dendrites....small 3/3-4/14 style flakes.  Even when the wind picked up, viz was over a mile.  I enjoyed it as I enjoy every event, but just a little too far west.

Just now, Deck Pic said:

makes sense.  i was up for much of the storm and we never got dendrites....small 3/3-4/14 style flakes.  Even when the wind picked up, viz was over a mile.  I enjoyed it as I enjoy every event, but just a little too far west.

Yeah, the first few hours had pixie dust. We were probably under 10:1 and then made up for it a bit later on.

All in all, not a terrible storm for folks just NW of DC. farther NW or West (like IAD) didn't fare well at all, but the 0.9" I had certainly was fine. Glad folks SE cashed in on a huge event, since for every one of these storms, there are twice as many where they get rain. At least someone cashed in on the snow. Dry air was infuriating, but it's easy to get over it this early in the year. Certainly lots of fun tracking. On to the next event!!

Archived