Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, H2O said:

Measured as best I could given the wind. Got a few under 1.5” and some over that so that’s what I’m going with.  Radar had me under some decent echos when I got up so I might have lucked out this time

Wow, that's one of the biggest difference I've seen between us on a small storm.  I just went out to re-measure (09:45) and had only 0.9".  

13 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

To put a positive spin on this, at least no heavy shoveling today or working hard outside in brutal windchills.

1" for the event -- unless something unexpected happens.

The bumper sticker on my car reads “I’d rather be shoveling”. ;)

35 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You are not alone.

And no one should apologize for it.

I absolutely understand the fascination with just tracking and watching these storms form, but it's kind of like watching purrn - it's all a tease with no end product for the dude watching while sitting (or laying) on the couch.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Snow rates have declined a bit but we're still going strong with the wind. Gust to 49 at the airport in the last 15 minutes or so. Exceptional storm and event here. This might be the first time I don't care what the snowfall total is. Waves are really nasty now. The Atlantic is trying to reclaim the beach lol. 

This was about 90 minutes ago as I was getting love from the edge of the band. Videos coming soon. It was SN++ with visibility less than a block at times and drifts of a couple feet in the roads and elsewhere. There was one on the boardwalk that was almost 3'!

Incredible stuff. 

aBz1dp3.jpg

Awesome report.  I've been living vicariously through you.

In that last shot, is the water frozen over on the bay side?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived