Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SabreAce33 said:

Yup.  A hop, skip, and a jump from here.

Nice. I have friends who lives on New York Ave and their property backs up to it, so it looked familiar. 

1 minute ago, Lowershoresadness said:

Mappy, come play with us down in the bury

I wish I could!! Enjoy the snow! :) 

33 minutes ago, Negnao said:

Pretty good. At 7am DCA reported .17 of precip and they might get another .01-.03. Of course their snow ratio is a joke and only .8 of snow was reported on that. 

Edit: I was responding to the thread about ppl complaining the euro gave .2 to DC and thought that it was smoking crack. 

There is something very wrong with the liquid precip measurements coming out of DCA last night.  They will likely be revised.

11 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

One handed sweep was all that was needed to clear the windshield in Wheaton. Main roads just wet. Meanwhile, PHL, NJ and NYC do well once again. sigh.

I honestly thought places like Philly were comparable to DC in terms of snowfall, but each and every time I've lived here in 6 years, its not even close.

But anyway snow is picking back up. Its like a battleground here between tons of moisture coming in vs it get eaten up.

Just now, Mdecoy said:

I honestly thought places like Philly were comparable to DC in terms of snowfall, but each and every time I've lived here in 6 years, its not even close.

But anyway snow is picking back up. Its like a battleground here between tons of moisture coming in vs it get eaten up.

Seems like every event on the Md side of the immediate DC area 270 and 95 are goalposts and all the precip is wide right or wide left.

Maybe my inner JI coming out, but I’m not that happy with a wind whipped 1”. Bombogenesis satellite imagery does nothing for me if it doesn’t translate to a DMV crush job.  10 days of tracking and this is all we can muster? Happy many are cashing in, but I guess getting older means I’ve become a more IMBY kind of guy?  Oh well. Can’t wait for our next Monday failure. 

<_<

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Maybe my inner JI coming out, but I’m not that happy with a wind whipped 1”. Bombogenesis satellite imagery does nothing for me if it doesn’t translate to a DMV crush job.  10 days of tracking and this is all we can muster? Happy many are cashing in, but I guess getting older means I’ve become a more IMBY kind of guy?  Oh well. Can’t wait for our next Monday failure. 

<_<

You are not alone.

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Still had snow from last week but something definitely came through and filled in the patches. I bet another .03 is in the books

we are going to nickle and dime our way to an 8 inch winter between 30 events

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived