Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's not only about the snow for me . I absolutely love tracking big storms like this . A truly historic bomb that was epic on satellite starting last evening watching it explode into a mature beast . 93 was the last . Probably be a long time before we see a winter  low this strong at our lat.....real cool stuff...imo. 

1 inch with 40 mph gusts is a win for me as far as my own yard...

I’m an IMBY results kind of guy, but I understand that some folks are also in it for the scientific aspect of it.

To each their own!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's not only about the snow for me . I absolutely love tracking big storms like this . A truly historic bomb that was epic on satellite starting last evening watching it explode into a mature beast . 93 was the last . Probably be a long time before we see a winter  low this strong at our lat.....real cool stuff...imo. 

1 inch with 40 mph gusts is a win for me as far as my own yard.

It’s also an expectations thing. All the forecasts out there were in the 1 inch territory for my back yard, so anything from 0.5”-1.5” was what I was hoping for. That verified. A few individual model runs here and there spiked up past 0.15” liquid, but those strayed from the model blend.

About an inch of powder in and around Hyattsville... which was disappointing, but expected.  We were very consistently modeled to be right around the edge of 0.1" QPF by the globals.  Serious envy of the people on the shore right now - but I'm glad they get a real blizzard as they're often dealing with mixing or plain rain. I'm more jealous of my PHL friends who are of course well inland but getting warning criteria snow.

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No need. I jumped on your post and own up to it!

What's there to own up to? You made an assumption as to who I am. I knew what was coming with this storm, and it would be careless of me to expect my employees to drive under these conditions in the Richmond area. I made previsions ahead of time for this very reason. So yes, I can stay up most of the night. But even if I had to work today, a little loss sleep for 1 night would not slow me down. 

Did I own up enough? At the same time, I do not want to cause any ill effects here on the board. 

Moderate snow here in SBY, but definitely thinning out.  Measuring depth with any accuracy is very difficult due to drifting.  I suspect something from 6-9" makes sense in my neighborhood, though plenty of spots are 12"+.  Winds have been ripping for a while now, but no damage here due to very limited fetch.

P9pMl59.jpg

uoaSGT4.jpg

Kz1g7lk.jpg

Pretty good. At 7am DCA reported .17 of precip and they might get another .01-.03. Of course their snow ratio is a joke and only .8 of snow was reported on that. 

Edit: I was responding to the thread about ppl complaining the euro gave .2 to DC and thought that it was smoking crack. 

Got about 3 inches here in Delaware, was able to telework. I am at peace with this. It stings a bit that my parents house in NJ is getting their 8-12 inches, but its ok.

I think I would have wigged out if we got flurries and they got a foot. But with this, I can deal with it. Most of it will be gone by Monday. Whatever.

9 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

That kick to the east is definitely taking place. I bet places like Philly end up well under warning criteria because of that. Think NYC might miss out, too.

The MA beaches sure looked like a sweet spot across all guidance, and it has come to fruition. In the end places along the MD, DE. SNJ coast may end up doing better than places just north. S and E NE should get hit hard though.

20 minutes ago, SabreAce33 said:

Moderate snow here in SBY, but definitely thinning out.  Measuring depth with any accuracy is very difficult due to drifting.  I suspect something from 6-9" makes sense in my neighborhood, though plenty of spots are 12"+.  Winds have been ripping for a while now, but no damage here due to very limited fetch.

Parsons cemetery? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived