Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Lets see if the superband decides to push back west again. It’s absolutely massive in length. Lancaster PA to Bellhaven NC.

It started to form over me then went east a little, i really would not mind if it moved a bit west again. Still snowing and blowing here.

24 degrees / DP 23 degrees, humidity 92%, BP 29.71(1006mb)  Wind NW at 20 w/gust to 33.  As of 5:45AM I have 2.5 inches and moderate snow.

I saw Ltrain posted he estimated about 1.5 inches in Severna Park but I have a solid 2.5 inches.  I am on the east side of SP almost in Arnold an I am along the Severn River so we are very sheltered down a steep wooded hill so we have no blowing snow down here as we are currently protected from the wind.

Looking at the SPC hourly mesoscale looked promising. 500 mb finally closed off. 700 mb is elongating north to south. And sfc pressures have stopped moving east and looks to have a mostly northerly component now. In fact it looks as if the lower pressures shifted west a touch and this is probably in response to the 500's closing off. Upper levels suggest that this storm will ride mostly due north at this point. 

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just a dusting here but Montgomery County closed.

Light dusting and 21.  Oh if only this monster took the right track.

Measured a 1/3" over off Century at work. Might be able to get to 0.5". This storm just missed being an all timer for back here. Certainly one for the shore though. 

12 minutes ago, attml said:

24 degrees / DP 23 degrees, humidity 92%, BP 29.71(1006mb)  Wind NW at 20 w/gust to 33.  As of 5:45AM I have 2.5 inches and moderate snow.

I saw Ltrain posted he estimated about 1.5 inches in Severna Park but I have a solid 2.5 inches.  I am on the east side of SP almost in Arnold an I am along the Severn River so we are very sheltered down a steep wooded hill so we have no blowing snow down here as we are currently protected from the wind.

2" now.  22/21

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. Y'all let me know if my obs become too much lol. 

SN+ and wind is a beautiful combination. Another huge band just a few miles away. 

Hurricane force gusts on the Outer Banks

QJ398aR.jpg

RXNcxF3.jpg

Nice drifts! Excellent pics! Your obs are fine, very fascinating, keep up with the pics if you can, and take plenty of jebwalks just for me lol.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived