Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

That band is maddening. 3 miles east is getting crushed and my snowfall rate has actually dropped a little as it sharpens.

Still looks to be advancing. Give it like 30 minutes. I agree, it's very maddening. No snow band setting up that magically gives Mappy 6" here

12 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

That’s just the latest surface ob out of cape hatteras so it should be legit. Spc mesoanalysis uses some model blends for their graphics, if that’s what you’re referring to.

just checked spc page, their surface obs and pressure contour map seem to agree with the 995, where is this 984 coming from?

Surface analysis at 3z had low at 989, so it's possible to have 984 with the current pressure falls.

5a4dc2590b6be_Surfaceanalysis.thumb.gif.a3776481cd26087cbec14e4a23018143.gif

27 minutes ago, MetalCapsFan said:

Light flurries just started in the Remington/Charles Village area of B'more, 27/16 w/ 64% humidity. Also saw a lightning strike alert down near Annapolis on the WeatherBug/Spark app. Good times!

I could have sworn I saw a flash from the corner of my eye, thought I was seeing things. That explains it.

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Surface analysis at 3z had low at 989, so it's possible to have 984 with the current pressure falls.

5a4dc2590b6be_Surfaceanalysis.thumb.gif.a3776481cd26087cbec14e4a23018143.gif

Until someone puts 5 times as many bouys out there and keeps them all operational, Nobody knows for sure. That core looks strangely hollow.

Thinking back to Monday night's runs, when the Euro and UKMET joined the GFS on the east side of the bay, and it looked like the GGEM was just late to catch on.  When was the last time the Euro, UKMET, and GFS all caved to the GGEM?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived