• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th Coastal Obs/Disc

mappy

GOOD sign. NWS Raleigh 7:15 Twitter Update: "It appears that our worst-case scenario forecast from briefings earlier today & yesterday has materialized as we are getting 3+ inch snow reports from areas SOUTHWEST of Raleigh. As such we have expanded our winter storm warnings and increased snowfall totals."

I'm not surprised since I called this 36 hours ago, but this is setting up very nicely for us...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a good omen for us?

7:15 PM update: It appears that our worst-case scenario forecast from briefings earlier today & yesterday has materialized as we are getting 3+ inch snow reports from areas southwest of Raleigh. As such we have expanded our winter storm warning & increased snowfall totals #ncwx pic.twitter.com/JddvmYLKJt— NWS Raleigh (@NWSRaleigh) January 4, 2018 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Beachin said:

Will do! Turning over to pure snow as intensity is increasing the shallow warm layer is eroding quick.

Ok, I'll come clean. Those of us in the DCA/BWI area were all hoping you'd switch to rain. Since that ain't happening, beat it. Lol

J/k....for the most part  :yikes:

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

To these weenie eyes, that northern stream looks NOT to be in any big hurry to come SE and wreck our party.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv.php?inv=0&t=l3&region=us

i wonder if the later phasing of the southern system prevented it from slowing down and now it has a pretty nice distance between the northern stream

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived