Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 Noreaster Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Woke up this morning and read Ralph's post saying the storm was exiting ene and the snow was almost over damn he concerned me still looks like hours of more snow to go, relief

You can only hope it can throw enough back this way as it exits.  It is pretty far out there now -

01042018-goes16-vis-noreaster.png

Woke up this morning and read Ralph's post saying the storm was exiting ene and the snow was almost over damn he concerned me still looks like hours of more snow to go, relief   

Got your attention did I? ;-) Storm was zipping ene at that time and precip contracting. Was/is a race between bombing low pressure, precip now expending, and NE movement of lp. We seem to be faring ok all things considered. Zero complaints here. Might have to drive into Cape May tonight to dig the parents out....that oughta be a fun ride.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:
3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Got your attention did I? ;-)

Yup must been a nightmare i'm awake now no clue how much is outside with this one  :twister:

Wow.  Cape Cod has been getting 60+ mph wind gusts.

4 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Ah, now I see why it picked up in intensity. That part of SEPA brushed by purple 

You are sitting right under that!  I am sortof sandwiched in between the heavier stuff.  Still plain SN, although some of the flakes are a bit bigger.

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

But getting longer (N to S)...just have to wait I guess. I'm having decent to good rates right now so this would just be a bonus.

The heavier returns are more diffuse where I am SW of you although it is finally picking up a bit and filling in.  Most of the snow has blown off my car except along the passenger side that is facing SE. lol

30 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Got your attention did I? ;-) Storm was zipping ene at that time and precip contracting. Was/is a race between bombing low pressure, precip now expending, and NE movement of lp. We seem to be faring ok all things considered. Zero complaints here. Might have to drive into Cape May tonight to dig the parents out....that oughta be a fun ride.

As are we here. I will probably end up in the 1-2 inch range when all is said and done, but with the wind, it's impossible for me to get a measurement. When I woke at 7am, the western edge looked like it was constricting toward the east, but since then it has "backfilled", and we have had some of the outer bands rotate though and bump the rate briefly to moderate.

I can only imagine what it's like toward New Jersey and the shore points if it's this intense up/out my way on the fringe...

just got back from an awesome walk. one of the windiest events in quite some time. can t remember another storm with as much wind in storm as this one. I didn't attempt to measure but i would say between 3 and 4 inches. some drifts of a foot already in places. that death band should cross the Delaware and pivot fingers crossed.. great storm. we may snow for a good part of the afternoon here.

Archived