Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 Noreaster Obs

ChescoWx

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Back edge of precip shrinking into SE PA and you can see the lift starting to shrink and move East as well in upper Bucks.

Upper Bucks/Mont/lower Berks counties/Allentown is where the tapering/lighter stuff line is kinda hanging. (cutoff) Lower part of Mont/Bucks counties should do well. Bands are lining up and starting to drill me now. Winds really make this storm better. Been a while where I've seen some/any drifting which is occurring...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

One local news outlet whom I wont mention stating "it's not the intensity here in SE PA but the sheer duration of this storm which will linger thru tonight". Ummmm, sure. We may see peeks of sun later but if you say so.

May have meant winds/cold and not snow? I expect the snow to be over in the 2pm range...

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Upper Bucks/Mont/lower Berks counties/Allentown is where the tapering/lighter stuff line is kinda hanging. (cutoff) Lower part of Mont/Bucks counties should do well. Bands are lining up and starting to drill me now. Winds really make this storm better. Been a while where I've seen some/any drifting which is occurring...

Actually not. The light greens which were persistent in these areas have filled in nicely w/darker greens...good news.

dg.jpg

Actually not. The light greens which were persistent in these areas have filled in nicely w/darker greens...good news.
dg.jpg.bc71cee2c603ce9bfeaee7d928b376f2.jpg
Next 2-3 hours is the height of the storm for us. Enjoy! Definitely not a bust here....about what I was expecting. Maybe we can still overachieve? No complaints here tho....adding to our seasonal totals and snowpack on ground for weekend arctic outbreak. Some years we would be begging for this. Enjoy what you have guys, for whatever it is. Gonna break out my "Fat Tire Sled Tube" I got for Christmas later today. Love sledding with the kiddos but the old plastic and wooden flyer ones are no good on the old back. Went with the tube style most ski resorts use. Excited to try it out.....hoping it flies but also that we dont end up in creek 75 yards from bottom of hill :-D

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:
dg.jpg.bc71cee2c603ce9bfeaee7d928b376f2.jpg

Next 2-3 hours is the height of the storm for us. Enjoy! Definitely not a bust here....about what I was expecting. Maybe we can still overachieve? No complaints here tho....adding to our seasonal totals and snowpack on ground for weekend arctic outbreak. Some years we would be begging for this. Enjoy what you have guys, for whatever it is. Gonna break out my "Fat Tire Sled Tube" I got for Christmas later today. Love sledding with the kiddos but the old plastic and wooden flyer ones are no good on the old back. Went with the tube style most ski resorts use. Excited to try it out.....hoping it flies but also that we dont end up in creek 75 yards from bottom of hill :-D

I'll say to about noon for the "good stuff"....anything past that is a bonus. Then lighter/snow shower activity into the afternoon...total around 6" IMO. Have fun tubing!

*Shoveling will be a bietch w/these winds...

Archived