Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Philly winter/OT/Banter thread: We Are the Champions Edition

The Iceman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/2/2018 at 11:34 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Since this is our version of a banter thread, I just wanted to say....

'NOVA NATION BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

thank god they won since it's looking unlikely the Flyers will be anymore than a good tune up for whoever they play in the first round, if they make it that is. Hakstol is really the worst coach since I have started watched the Flyers and that's sad when they just came off Berube. At this point, I'm half hoping they miss so it forces upper managements hand to make the necessary changes. 10 points this year I can say have been directly tied to coaching. That is inexcusable when you have a young team.

thank god they won since it's looking unlikely the Flyers will be anymore than a good tune up for whoever they play in the first round, if they make it that is. Hakstol is really the worst coach since I have started watched the Flyers and that's sad when they just came off Berube. At this point, I'm half hoping they miss so it forces upper managements hand to make the necessary changes. 10 points this year I can say have been directly tied to coaching. That is inexcusable when you have a young team.
Mrazek not even a shell of his former self from 2010-2013....ugh. Not what I thought he would provide to this team. And Giroux? I dont care if this guy puts up 1000 points in a season he is NOT a leader. He is not a calming voice. He is not a physical leader the team rallies around. He is not vocal on the bench to motivate his teammates. If we miss out or get knocked off in round 1 he needs to go NOW while we can get something for him. Make Simmer the Captain after trading G as he can do all those things I mentioned. And agreed Hakstol isnt an NHL coach either.....another Chip Kelly in disguise.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
30 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Mrazek not even a shell of his former self from 2010-2013....ugh. Not what I thought he would provide to this team. And Giroux? I dont care if this guy puts up 1000 points in a season he is NOT a leader. He is not a calming voice. He is not a physical leader the team rallies around. He is not vocal on the bench to motivate his teammates. If we miss out or get knocked off in round 1 he needs to go NOW while we can get something for him. Make Simmer the Captain after trading G as he can do all those things I mentioned. And agreed Hakstol isnt an NHL coach either.....another Chip Kelly in disguise.

It's funny because I always think Voracek is the worst PPG player I have ever seen. He makes so many turnovers and mistakes every game that area just offense killing that you begin to wonder if he is worth it. I would love to see Him, G, and Simmer traded in the offseason and pass the reigns on Nolan Patrick and TK. This half rebuild- half trying to compete is a recipe for perpetual mediocrity and they need to either begin to go all in or blow it up.

It's funny because I always think Voracek is the worst PPG player I have ever seen. He makes so many turnovers and mistakes every game that area just offense killing that you begin to wonder if he is worth it. I would love to see Him, G, and Simmer traded in the offseason and pass the reigns on Nolan Patrick and TK. This half rebuild- half trying to compete is a recipe for perpetual mediocrity and they need to either begin to go all in or blow it up.
NP and TK too young for the C imo. Someday tho.

Archived