Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ski GTG

Professional Lurker

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome day out there. Really awesome to see the western crowd again. It had been too long. Awesome meeting snowgeek. I missed sugarlof1989 somehow. I gotta meet up with you next time. I second what Hippy said about Prolurker...wonderful guide for the first couple hours. 

First time I had skied Beast. What a great little mountain. Loved the lack of crowds and it had some nice older school New England trails on there. We will def have to do these more often. 

Oh and it was the first time I saw polar bear Pete skiing. His reputation precedes him but for good reason. Dude is more comfortable on skis than walking in shoes. 

Awesome time and we picked a perfect day. Even got some steady light snow at the end after a bit of filtered sun early on. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Awesome day out there. Really awesome to see the western crowd again. It had been too long. Awesome meeting snowgeek. I missed sugarlof1989 somehow. I gotta meet up with you next time. I second what Hippy said about Prolurker...wonderful guide for the first couple hours. 

First time I had skied Beast. What a great little mountain. Loved the lack of crowds and it had some nice older school New England trails on there. We will def have to do these more often. 

Oh and it was the first time I saw polar bear Pete skiing. His reputation precedes him but for good reason. Dude is more comfortable on skis than walking in shoes. 

Awesome time and we picked a perfect day. Even got some steady light snow at the end after a bit of filtered sun early on. 

Nice meeting up, hope Meghan wasnt pissed. I texted her you were fine and having a blast.  Good times.  We chased you after what was supposed to be our last run when I waved to you, competition was so good we had to do it again.

What Will said. Ditto, ditto, ditto. Great day all around. Pete is a fantastic skier! At lunch he showed us pics of his frequent Western ski adventures. Dude seems like he could be in a Warren Miller Ski film. Living the dream.

1 minute ago, snowgeek said:

What Will said. Ditto, ditto, ditto. Great day all around. Pete is a fantastic skier! At lunch he showed us pics of his frequent Western ski adventures. Dude seems like he could be in a Warren Miller Ski film. Living the dream.

Eric Radarman is another off the hook good skier. I am happy cruising at 61. Nice to meet you. I tried to squeeze in a chair lift ride with you and hippy and Hunchie but was late to the gate.

Oh yeah Steve. Megan was fine...while I was skiiing my last run with snowgeek, Pete, and Ed, we were stopped halfway down and I felt my phone vibrating and somehow I had reception over on that side of the mountain so I was able to briefly tell her I wasn't dead before my phone died due to being out in the cold...lol

And for those who don't know, ginxy tears it up out there. Hangs with the younger dudes just fine. 

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pete is more comfortable on skis than most people are in shoes. Smooth on everything!

Agree Lurker was a great guide and Pete also after Lurker left.

Too much fun today!

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh yeah Steve. Megan was fine...while I was skiiing my last run with snowgeek, Pete, and Ed, we were stopped halfway down and I felt my phone vibrating and somehow I had reception over on that side of the mountain so I was able to briefly tell her I wasn't dead before my phone died due to being out in the cold...lol

And for those who don't know, ginxy tears it up out there. Hangs with the younger dudes just fine. 

You should have seen me 30 yrs ago. You got great smooth fast style. Glad you had a great time, love that place. You think it was empty today.  We will do a Tuesday sometime, maybe you me the crew and Charlie and a few stragglers there. Snow was just perfect , of course wouldn't be New England without the obligatory ice spots.

Indeed.  He gave up his poles year... apparently they aren't suited for his pirouettes.  Weird guy but hey.  We see him and feel at home on the mt.

He's developed tendonitis in his left elbow due to his pole planting turns. He's been using poles off and in this season and gave them up for good about 2 weeks ago.

Goofy guy indeed, but I love him. I ski with him several times per week.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

edit... glad everybody had a great time. Let's plan another!

Eric Radarman is another off the hook good skier. I am happy cruising at 61. Nice to meet you. I tried to squeeze in a chair lift ride with you and hippy and Hunchie but was late to the gate.

Yeah, somehow lift riding buddies kept repeating. Keep on cruisin! We will share a chair more next time.

Just a quick cameo appearance. Good to see some familiar faces yesterday and to meet some new people. Hope you all had a good time skiing here. Come back soon and you're always welcome to drop by our wx board. Think Snow. Ski to live, live to ski! 

1 hour ago, skiMRG said:

Just a quick cameo appearance. Good to see some familiar faces yesterday and to meet some new people. Hope you all had a good time skiing here. Come back soon and you're always welcome to drop by our wx board. Think Snow. Ski to live, live to ski! 

:lol:    Great to see you.  Glad the golf game is going well

9 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

He's developed tendonitis in his left elbow due to his pole planting turns. He's been using poles off and in this season and gave them up for good about 2 weeks ago.

Goofy guy indeed, but I love him. I ski with him several times per week.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

edit... glad everybody had a great time. Let's plan another!

Thanks for setting it up and showing us around. Great place.    I hadn’t been in a couple of years and love the new trails.  That lift conveyor belt is another thing...ugh

I had a cheeseburger for lunch and it was awful. Should have stuck with the chili mac. 

You get around that place very well. Holy cow

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

You should have seen me 30 yrs ago. You got great smooth fast style. Glad you had a great time, love that place. You think it was empty today.  We will do a Tuesday sometime, maybe you me the crew and Charlie and a few stragglers there. Snow was just perfect , of course wouldn't be New England without the obligatory ice spots.

Yeah...biggest crowd I’ve seen there (small sample...5 visits). But still no lines and uncrowded slopes.  It kept the cord for much of the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Hunter Mountain St Patrick's Day special (on Friday March 16) - $17 :

https://www.huntermtn.com/deals/17-lift-ticket/

I am going to be just a couple of miles from there next Friday so I just bought my ticket.  I know its a long ride for many.  I haven't skied Hunter in something like 25 years.  Limited time on the website if anyone is interested  I will be there.

Archived