Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ski GTG

Professional Lurker

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Love the selfie reflection in the goggles.....:lol:

Ok, I think I'll be able to I.D. you guys if I'm 30-45 min aftef first chair.

I'll have on a big green and yellow Solomon jacket and late 90's, blue Atomic racing skis. 

I would say hair down but it's Berkshire East so that probably wouldn't do you any good. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Looks like Black, Gray, and Blue is the official amwx ski outfit.  Wish beast was a bit closer, I would actually do a ski gtg.

We all gotta crash Ginxy's condo in SR one these Marches for a night...get some epic March turns in with a good ski apres. :lol:

10 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We all gotta crash Ginxy's condo in SR one these Marches for a night...get some epic March turns in with a good ski apres. :lol:

This is me in my ski stuff, look for me TB and Little Joe, ( with a santa beard, in fact he looks like an elf lol) Will be there near first chair. will sit on the tables on left by the windows when you first walk in, prior to gearing up will have a Winter NY Giants aviator hat on

0318141349a.jpg

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's a 3hr drive for me. LOL.  And did y'all decide to take the day off for this?

SR's mountain report is pretty much my mentality when it comes to taking days off, only go around once and it flies by

SR

All across New England, there is the sound of scraping, shoveling, gear being loaded and vehicles being started. It's officially a powder day.

Overnight we picked up four inches of fluffy stuff on top of the six we saw during the day yesterday for a storm total of 10-12 inches and a one-week total of nearly two feet. The skies are clearing this morning and we are looking at a perfect day of skiing and riding. There's not much more to be said about it. If you're the kind of person who reads this report, then it's going to be the kind of day you dream about. This is the report you've been waiting for. Call in sick, get a note, "work from home", do whatever you have to, but get here now.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

its my day off and even if it wasn't, a day off for skiing, not even a question. 2.5 hrs for me

It's already been a decade since I last strapped on the skis(think my daughter was 5) and it was about 10 years before from that time.  Maybe I will again some day again but not right now.

Looks like there will be a large turnout tomorrow and the weather looks great.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

SR's mountain report is pretty much my mentality when it comes to taking days off, only go around once and it flies by

SR

All across New England, there is the sound of scraping, shoveling, gear being loaded and vehicles being started. It's officially a powder day.

Overnight we picked up four inches of fluffy stuff on top of the six we saw during the day yesterday for a storm total of 10-12 inches and a one-week total of nearly two feet. The skies are clearing this morning and we are looking at a perfect day of skiing and riding. There's not much more to be said about it. If you're the kind of person who reads this report, then it's going to be the kind of day you dream about. This is the report you've been waiting for. Call in sick, get a note, "work from home", do whatever you have to, but get here now.

I'm trying to recall the last time I skied SR.  I think it was the season after Oz opened up so around 1997-1998

I see Shawnee is reporting 13" new.

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just mapped it. It’s going to be like a 3+ hour drive for me. There really isn’t a direct route there. I’ll be honest, I can’t really envision myself making the 3 hour drive both ways tomorrow... maybe if Wachusett is ever in play I’d go

I can do WAWA, not going weekend or night so Tues to Fri

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just mapped it. It’s going to be like a 3+ hour drive for me. There really isn’t a direct route there. I’ll be honest, I can’t really envision myself making the 3 hour drive both ways tomorrow... maybe if Wachusett is ever in play I’d go

2.5 from downtown Taunton if you go posted speed limits...sucky drive though...WaWa is only an hour from you.  We can do one there next yesr

The beast probably finished up close to 6" yesterday.  Moreover they've done an outstanding job with surfaces this year in the face of tough conditions at times.  Have really upped their game in this respect.  Should be really pleasant skiing, especially for a GTG.  Hope everyone has a good time.

20180207_131557.thumb.jpg.a0a4a9ed90f2748ad597ab707ae39b72.jpg

18 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Anyone have an outfit that sticks out? If I get there at 930 and ya'll are already on the slopes I'll want to know what to look for. 

Im guessing it will be pretty empty so even something as tepid as red or blue ski pants would probably be enough. I wear black snow pants and grey and black jacket with black helmet so I don't stick out very well. 

Here's what I'll be wearing...from telluride a couple winters ago:

IMG_0932.JPG

That's pretty much what I will look like, except the gray and black colors on the two tone Columbia jacket are reversed.  And my helmet is blockier.  Planning to leave at 5 and hopefully get there by 9.  No ferries that early so it's the longer drive.

Skis are an old pair of Rossi Bandits (with a Wildcat sticker on one of them) and boots are white Tecnica Mach 1.  Photo below is me with the boys last winter, but I'll probably wear the other jacket.The last photo is me getting some big air.

rossignol-bandit-b78.jpg.9ef45d077ce8cc9c8c7f0d0fa9b98422.jpg

tecnica_mach1_120.jpg.ff324169b762478ca1920971c6eb8fd4.jpg

20170221_102450s1200c.jpg.446866b420cefd4cd638d68cc790a6b2.jpg

bigbigNoAir.jpg.9d8826a193dc667715e6856494fe77b4.jpg

I do, unfortunately, have to leave at 2 or so...strangely enough to go to another ski hill...Wachusett. Need to bring kiddo number 1 to work and hang out in the bar until kiddo number 2 is done with ski club

Then back to the hill for 10 to pick eldest up after work.  I wish he could drive a stick shift

Hey Lurker, does B'East rent helmets? or does somebody have an extra? I just realized I left mine at my buddies house in N Conway last trip North.  It's not a huge deal since I've spent most of my life skiing without but still would make the wife happy if I wore one.  : )

Yes they do. $10 iirc. I can bring up my son's helmet, but I have to leave early and he'll need it this weekend... its a Smith holt (same as the rentals), either in an adult M or L. Can't remember.  

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived