Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ski GTG

Professional Lurker

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang!! That stinks!! I hope it gets better by Fri. Hopefully Wednesday delivers.

it'll be just fine. Yesterday and today were good. They've made a ton of snow and resurfaced most trails. They didn't blow on roundabout though, and that was a little scratchy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

My son was up there on Friday and said it was some of the worst skiing he's ever done. Really icy with most traffic on Outback/Rounabout.

Agree with this, I was there with my boy for ski club. Didn't help that it was 5F when we left.  Super icy, I took one run and that was enough.  Took my skis to get sharpened Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, Brewbeer said:

Agree with this, I was there with my boy for ski club. Didn't help that it was 5F when we left.  Super icy, I took one run and that was enough.  Took my skis to get sharpened Saturday morning.

My son's not one to complain, glad I bailed out on skiing Friday. I hope we get lots of snow on Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have a scheduled day off Friday for the first time in 11 months. Had no idea until today.

Might try to sneak up there. Two and a half hour drive though 

It is a really funky little place.  Very uncrowded with good variety of terrain.  I like the twisty old-school New England trails

Much better hill than my local Wachusett

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It is a really funky little place.  Very uncrowded with good variety of terrain.  I like the twisty old-school New England trails

Much better hill than my local Wachusett

Wachusett could be really nice if they convinced the tree huggers to let them cut a few more trails. But that's prob never happening.

I am also a fan of the narrower trails. They need a few more Salamander cutoffs on the mountain.

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wachusett could be really nice if they convinced the tree huggers to let them cut a few more trails. But that's prob never happening.

I am also a fan of the narrower trails. They need a few more Salamander cutoffs on the mountain.

Yeah. I doubt they ever add another trail to Wachusett.  There are some lines that could be cool

Anyone have an outfit that sticks out? If I get there at 930 and ya'll are already on the slopes I'll want to know what to look for. 

Im guessing it will be pretty empty so even something as tepid as red or blue ski pants would probably be enough. I wear black snow pants and grey and black jacket with black helmet so I don't stick out very well. 

Here's what I'll be wearing...from telluride a couple winters ago:

IMG_0932.JPG

Archived