Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ski GTG

Professional Lurker

On 1/14/2018 at 9:25 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Cool, Eric   Doug and Lars are out, Pete is in but has a season pass. Let's us know what you can.pull off Mike appreciate it

Was thinking of you last weekend at Sunday River.  Saturday was stupid cold and a complete loss due to lifts being closed because of winds and also because some of the lifts were actually having cold weather problems (something about shrinking gaskets or the like).  Instead I went xc skiing in the woods...at about -8.  We did get some decent skiing in on Sunday but nothing past Spruce was open.

I'm thinking I'll make the beast GTG if its on a Friday other than 2/16 or 2/23.  Flatlanders allowed, right?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorthShoreWx said:

Was thinking of you last weekend at Sunday River.  Saturday was stupid cold and a complete loss due to lifts being closed because of winds and also because some of the lifts were actually having cold weather problems (something about shrinking gaskets or the like).  Instead I went xc skiing in the woods...at about -8.  We did get some decent skiing in on Sunday but nothing past Spruce was open.

I'm thinking I'll make the beast GTG if its on a Friday other than 2/16 or 2/23.  Flatlanders allowed, right?

Absolutely,  sorry your SR trip was bad. Not for nothing but I don't ski up there until March for a reason. I heard a tree fell on the Jordan chair and ice f  d up Barker

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely,  sorry your SR trip was bad. Not for nothing but I don't ski up there until March for a reason. I heard a tree fell on the Jordan chair and ice f  d up Barker

Something like that.  But...the trip wasn't bad.  Had a great time actually.

Mostly I've skied there in February...usually good then.

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'll be able to ski if the surface is cold and frozen. If it's a soft snow day, I'll probably just come up to say hello. This is probably my last year on skis, so it will be nice to meet up with folks while i can.

Honestly look forward to meeting you. Hope you can ski. Looks like it will be cold and dry so maybe you can

16 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Me to, I can ski so long as its stiff and icy, or consistently groomed. What time is the planned meeting?

I think they open at 830...I was going to try and be there by 9am....I prob can't leave here until about 645 so it would be tough for me to make 830. Maybe if I goose it on Rt 2.

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think they open at 830...I was going to try and be there by 9am....I prob can't leave here until about 645 so it would be tough for me to make 830. Maybe if I goose it on Rt 2.

I was hoping for later as I will have a14 hour day ahead of me at that point. I have to pick up my son from ski club at 10:30pm.

13 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I was hoping for later as I will have a14 hour day ahead of me at that point. I have to pick up my son from ski club at 10:30pm.

You could always meet us at lunch too if you wanted to wait until closer to 11-12 to ski. 

50 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I have to drop my son's equipment off at school at 9:45am. It's 1h 15 to Berkshire East. So I'll be there a bit before noon.

The long range Accuweather forecast has sunshine and 34F for 2/9.

Yeah it looks like a nice day right now. Obviously can change but hopefully not. EPS was hinting at something possibly on the 8th. That would be sweet if we could get a nice blanket down the day before. 

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it looks like a nice day right now. Obviously can change but hopefully not. EPS was hinting at something possibly on the 8th. That would be sweet if we could get a nice blanket down the day before. 

Hopefully they make some manmade snow during the coming week if mom nature is stingy. Berkshire East might be done with snowmaking for the season. They now have 100% of snowmaking terrain opened.

Lifts start spinning at 9am. The quad running up exhibition usually fires up at noon.

Very glad too see a decent turnout! Would be cool if kevin could come up with some treehouse. He probably wouldn't want to risk his running career but I'd love to get him out on the snow. ... or even wiz! No spiders. Why not?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived