Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

Been there done that. Oh the pain. Hoping recovery is fast. Personally down and out for about 3 weeks.
I have surgery (fusion on three discs) pending. Losing mobility sucks. Neurosurgeon appointment tomorrow.

Bottoming out at 27F.
Extended below freezing here ~5hrs and counting.

Jesus, that sucks... I'm out for at least 6 weeks, was full on sepsis when I was admitted... hope all goes well

Pressure here dropped off like a cliff since 0100 from 29.25-28.80, and dropping.. crazy!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Then have to go into photobucket though. Every site I can just take the link, paste in post and it pops as the picture. Pivotal doesnt do that. 

Anyway, no need to derail....serious stuff out there to discuss.

Take screen shot and save to phone photos then post from Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So my discussion last night of a more compact fronto/ML band does not appear to be the case.  This is taking on the more traditional winter storm setup we see with the track.  Still a great topic to ponder.  10z HRRR really pounds the SE MA area.  Going to be some intense rates setting up in the next couple hours. 

31/27 -sn

That whole “shredded look” showing up on various guidance was clearly a trap. I keep pounding the table on this, but I think it really has to do with the warm seclusion screwing with the models’ interpretation of the mid latitude cyclone conveyor physics. This is why I was tossing those paltry euro, rgem and nam runs...Despite  the warm seclusion in the end we should have an outcome similar to all Nor Easter’s with this UL setup only more extreme in this case.

12 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Damn gall bladder removed, ruptured on me, just in time for holidays and birthday, at least I'm home now and can watch the snow fall.

19/12..SN now, .5"OTG

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, Put down the bong.

rgem.snku_acc.us_ne.2018010406-loop.gif

Got it---my new job has me working on a Mac.  I hate it!!  (Mac, not the job).

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

Jesus, that sucks... I'm out for at least 6 weeks, was full on sepsis when I was admitted... hope all goes well

Pressure here dropped off like a cliff since 0100 from 29.25-28.80, and dropping.. crazy!!

Sorry to hear that.  On the plus side, I hope that allows you to focus on some good winter storms!

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Then have to go into photobucket though. Every site I can just take the link, paste in post and it pops as the picture. Pivotal doesnt do that. 

Anyway, no need to derail....serious stuff out there to discuss.

If you’d just use Imgur you’d save yourself all kinds of problems 

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

OT
Snowstorm - Earthquake. Absolutely no correlation what-so-ever. 
Hayward fault 4.4M

I caught a snippet on TV the other day they had Sam Champion going on about climate change and storms.....the B-role they had playing in the background was of the Christmas tsunami.  What asses and idiots.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Got it---my new job has me working on a Mac.  I hate it!!  (Mac, not the job).

Sorry to hear that.  On the plus side, I hope that allows you to focus on some good winter storms!

Yeah, that's basically all I've been doing, wife hates it, plus job terminated me for being sick, so I may have a case... anyway on to weather... looks like some good banding starting to pivot up from LI, visibility has been steady here around 1SM, but landmarks are becoming cloudy, and flake size getting better, ready to start piling up here!!

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I caught a snippet on TV the other day they had Sam Champion going on about climate change and storms.....the B-role they had playing in the background was of the Christmas tsunami.  What asses and idiots.

At least Sam champion wasn't bragging about the size of his button. Very concerned about wet snow and power outages from taunton/Newport/fall river/New Bedford. The rain snow line seems to be near horse neck beach and the old Rocky point south Dartmouth along the extreme south coast.

Archived