Newest Member
    Dano62
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I'm surprised surge wasn't talked about here. I know everyone was preoccupied with the snow but this seemed primed for Boston Harbour. I fear that's what Halifax's waterfront is going to look like. Winds gusting to 72mph at the airport and that's well inland.

I mentioned it 3 times but nobody cares about surge Boomer

8 minutes ago, Greg said:

Over a foot. 12"+ here on the deck. but very windy.  Depths from drifting range from a low point of 12" to as high as 20".  I'm dead serious here.  I have no choice but to call it over a foot (12"+)  How do you measure such powdery snow.  Little wind goes a long way.  Don't know what I'll personally end up with but looking at the radar and future cast, I think mid tees in inches may not be out of the question.

There is no chance that we don't have a foot or more in Andover at this point, and it's blowing and snowing as hard right now as it has all day.  I go out with the dog every hour, and make deep impressions in the snow to clear a path for him (he's a little guy) and every hour, it's filled back in.  Some of that is drifting, but it's dumping out there.  Plow came for the driveway a couple hours ago, and we were at 8-10 inches at that point, and we've had at least 4 since then.  

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Probably down to 1-2”/hr now, but still good growth. Trying to pull one more band overhead from the east with the midlevel pivot over me. It has some momentum so we’ll see. 

Brian,  why are we not having any wind?   With a 950ish storm passing not that far away I am amazed how little wind we have up here.

Most of the day I was in ppor snow growth but the "death band" did make it too me.

7.5" heavy snow vis  1/4"

14 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

lol.  I am from the northeast but lived in New Bern for 12 years.  That was one of the customs that really cracked me up!

My Mom being from Arkansas made snow ice cream since I can remember, cup of sugar couple caps of vanilla,, cup of condensed milk in a pot full of snow mix hard and there ya go

Archived