• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I really need to up my game to get everyone of these to do that here.   I tried to be optimistic for Eastern weenies and I get a couple inches of sand.  MPM is still upset about the 12z RGEM output while getting a foot. 

Some in SNE have such good emotional pull with the weather.  

We've learned that it pays off to b**ch nonstop for 3 days leading up to these events. The MPM-Lavarock Theorem. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

NAM did have some bad runs. Yesterday’s 18z run was awful and was a real curveball to anyone who  didn’t discount it. But yea, overall a superior performance.

The NAM has forecast 0.2-1.1" of QPF here in the past 6 runs.  Not sure it was stellar but I guess when you are on the far western edge you will get those wide variations.

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

We snow, but it's just not cold enough to get anything but slop.

28.5 even here. The circulation definitely wrapped around some warm air. Models won that one.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

28.5 even here. The circulation definitely wrapped around some warm air. Models won that one.

Yeah, congrats to those west and north! At this point I would have rathered all rain here. Tonight's flash freeze should be enjoyable. :weep:

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And you were worried this morning about 5-10" or something?!  Congrats on the 14" and counting in Litchfield County.

Yeah, seriously over performance here, I was worried the banding would set up just east and we'd suck exhaust, but we lucked out, I kinda rode the NAM 3k too, with hope!! Ratios lately have really come up, adding to the pile up!

18 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Well **** it, I'm packing it in. This is so torturous watching the live shots and knowing that I'm missing out by only 5 miles...i did some p90x yoga...guess I'll go shower and then do some more research into the Forrest Fenn Treasure. Congrats to all you weenies...i think I'm going to go silently cry in the shower

I've been there many times, but this is a tough one.  I'm really sorry and sending my Snowman wishing.  

Wind really started ripping in Washington Depot, CT (Litchfield County), and snow still coming down (as well as flying horizontally).

Not sure if I will be able to get an accurate total after it stops snowing, but I'll give it a try.

Going out to snow blow again soon. Eyeballing out the window (with 20 years experience here) I'm guessing we have surpassed a foot, but so much blowing and drifting hard to tell. The visibility has been under half a mile all day, right now just about a quarter mile. Powerful wind on the hill here. What a great winter day!

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

33F mashed potatoes here. 

Had gotten to 30F here, was worried about taint, now down to 28F and ripping good. At least 12" snow, hard to tell exactly.

KLEW 042012Z AUTO 35023G32KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG OVC007 M03/M03 A2904 RMK AO2 PK WND 01032/2009 CIG 004V010 PRESFR P0000 FZRANO

Just now, Hoth said:

Yeah back in the goods! Hoping we can squeeze out another 3-4".

What are you at so far? I'm thinking we end up right around a foot give or take. I was 7.3 at 11:50AM.