Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

WxBlue I think you might be sheltered because it sounds like most in Hillsborough and Rockingham are over 4''. 

Subby zone finally rearing its ugly head here as snow growth worsens and rates lighten a bit. Still coming down nicely though. 

We'll see what happens. My location is usually consistent with surrounding observations on NWS' list of snow totals. 4-5" widespread sounds about right for now.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's hard to rot a single band in this setup...it's fast moving and the dynamics max out south of here. Still...should be plenty of heavy snow for most folks over the next several hours. The short term guidance does have the entire thing weakening though...esp after about 1-2pm. It will still be accumulating snow, but the rates should fall off a bit as the whole commahead probably lightens in shades.

Everyone except The mad Accordianist. He’s just getting flurries 

5 minutes ago, JovialWeather said:

View from hotel in Newton. Usually you can see some bridges over the road, but not now. Even worse since taking picture. Loving it.

5365022484695395236.jpg

Usually you see cars, too.

Tough to meausre--around 4" is my guess.  Still rippping.  The only downside is the flakes have never been great.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just band after heavy band rolls thru here. Not one that just sits which we kind of envisioned. You wonder if that continues, or does it consolidate into 2 big ones that rot 

I had thought that's exactly what you would see...somewhat similar to what occurred in Boxing Day in 2009(?). When you get such intense low pressure systems you see precipitation away from the center become more band like...probably due to strong pressure gradient? That's why I had problems with trying to make a snow forecast and also why I had little confidence in any of my calls...no way to know where these bands sit over and who gets into them the longest.

Archived