• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Currently in Petersburg, Va. struggling with a choice between continuing up the coast to the S or N shore of Massachusetts or driving back ESE to the Va coastline.  This anomalous system is creating much indecision for me.  

30 SN- here (started 30 minutes ago)

EDIT: Indecision directly correlated to concern of missing greatest impact, proportionate to each region.  By that metric, will it overperform moreso in the Tidewater or SNE?  Still hard to determine, even now, and I can't afford to wait any longer if I hope to get to the S/N shore.   

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dual centers modelled but thought to be errors by peeps. It happens in real time

If recall correctly, similar thing occurred with the super intense 3/26/14 system with subsequent consolidation pulling the track more eastward.  

49 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dual centers modelled but thought to be errors by peeps. It happens in real time

Careful, that's actually a model forecast (GFS in fact).

If we see any dual structure it will be because of occlusion and there may be a small swirl at the triple point. But the low is the low at this point I think. I posted in the other thread that it should be just north of buoy 41002. 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

light snow, everything covered. Storm prep complete. shovels, snowblowers, and plows on standby. But I’ll be pissed if I have to trek to Norwalk to work. 

My day job boss thinks I'm going to Tewksbury. Where am I going to park when I get off? He can take a hike. 

7 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

My day job boss thinks I'm going to Tewksbury. Where am I going to park when I get off? He can take a hike. 

Both commutes today will be screwed. Not sure why anyone with common sense would put their employees in harms way.