Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Recommended Posts

10:30 AM

30.10Hg RR
Steady light rain
T 37.4F Td 35.7F
WSW -15mph G-27mph.
Frozen precip ~40miles to the W and N
FROPA occurred approx 9am, temp, dew steadily dropping.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to ask this in here so as not to clutter up the model thread, though this is probably the wrong place too.  I have relatives who have to catch a flight from Logan back to London Friday at 5:30.  I'm thinking my drive down Friday morning should be a bit snowy but not terrible overall.  However, there could still be delays out of Logan.  How bad do we think Friday will be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Going to ask this in here so as not to clutter up the model thread, though this is probably the wrong place too.  I have relatives who have to catch a flight from Logan back to London Friday at 5:30.  I'm thinking my drive down Friday morning should be a bit snowy but not terrible overall.  However, there could still be delays out of Logan.  How bad do we think Friday will be?

Snow should be waning Friday AM. I think that would depend upon the incoming flight into Logan if there is one or if plane will be sitting there already.  I'm thinking they'll have to shut down Logan for a time Thisday and there will be delays along the Eastern Seaboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did you go snow chasing?

Entertained thought for about a minute. Hate the ice so no I past. Did many a year ago at night. Downright scary driving on 495 in zero vis. Not fun if you have no shelter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Taunton just bailed on school for the next  2 days.

wow @ 2 days, if it turns out like that latest high res nam that will end up being a good call.  I just got the text that Bow/Dunbarton has called off school for tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mreaves said:

Going to ask this in here so as not to clutter up the model thread, though this is probably the wrong place too.  I have relatives who have to catch a flight from Logan back to London Friday at 5:30.  I'm thinking my drive down Friday morning should be a bit snowy but not terrible overall.  However, there could still be delays out of Logan.  How bad do we think Friday will be?

It's a tough call. I work at Logan for TSA. That BA flight at 1730 lands in the early afternoon. That flight will come in just fine Friday afternoon but it's tomorrow's flight and passengers that are in question. If they cancel tomorrow's flight expect Friday to be an absolute mess with the makeup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It's a tough call. I work at Logan for TSA. That BA flight at 1730 lands in the early afternoon. That flight will come in just fine Friday afternoon but it's tomorrow's flight and passengers that are in question. If they cancel tomorrow's flight expect Friday to be an absolute mess with the makeup 

That is exactly what I have been afraid of. They are keeping a close eye on it and will be checking regularly. Thanks for the input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just powered up the snowblower.  It wouldn't start with the pull cord, so had to use the electric start and let it run for a bit.  It should start now with the pull cord.  Didn't want to chance a power failure and not be able to get it started, lol.  I'm sure the 4 nights below zero here had something to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dry air should be no issue withsnow starting almost immediately after showing on radar . 16.6/10. Wetbulb 14 ish 

It's 11/8 here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dry air should be no issue withsnow starting almost immediately after showing on radar . 16.6/10. Wetbulb 14 ish 

Already starting to snow in Cape May. First echoes showing up on OKX. Ripping north too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All you do is look at temps and dews . Snow starts immediately 

Right. Dry air aloft doesn’t matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×