Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bob in Taunton has as much on the ground as JSpin despite getting 40 less for the season. Real snow FTW

And Bob only has to shovel or use his snowblower once every 4-6 weeks, while up north it's a 4 day per week operation.

He's also within a half a foot of the snow depth at Pittsburg, NH which has had 70+" so far this season. 

The one storm wonder.  Like when the Mid-Atlantic has one of their bombs and people in Maryland go from grass to having more snow on the ground than Ft Kent in about 48 hours, lol.  

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And Bob only has to shovel or use his snowblower once every 4-6 weeks, while up north it's a 4 day per week operation.

He's also within a half a foot of the snow depth at Pittsburg, NH which has had 70+" so far this season. 

The one storm wonder.  Like when the Mid-Atlantic has one of their bombs and people in Maryland go from grass to having more snow on the ground than Ft Kent in about 48 hours, lol.  

Lol knew this defensive mechanism post was coming lol. We Blizz,

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You won't see video like that SP posted above coming out of Stowe valley

Nope you probably won't or at least not in the frequency that is seen there.  Don't think anyone would argue otherwise.  The coastal plain does coastal storms and wind very well.  Above like 1,250-1,500ft though up here, all bets are off, you'll see just as many blizzard-like conditions as anywhere.    

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We kid PF. Our snowfall obviously doesn’t hold a candle to what you get...got to take advantage of when it comes. :lol:

Yeah but I know the type of storms you guys get...that sh*t is legit.  I do want to travel for those, (in the tourism industry I have access to some very cheap Boston hotel rooms) and it's really only 3 hours away or even less, but work obviously is tough to leave in the winter season.  

Regardless of snowfall amounts, I do miss seeing it snow hard in an urban environment.  I think there's an added surrealness and it's more visually stimulating in a storm.  A storm that actually shuts all that hustle and bustle down...you can see the effects more clearly, as opposed to looking out over fields in the country where 5" looks the same as 18".  It's just white.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Go big or go home. :popcorn:

4 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just spoke to Alex in Bretton Woods and told him he has to update his snow totals.  He has been really busy but finally did.  79"!  Between snow and cold he definitely seems to have the weenie spot for board members!  They wanted a snowy, cold place when they picked their location and moved north from Boston last year.  They got it!

It’s definitely a great weenie spot, although retention is not great as you know... but I’m happy. It’s a great combination of snowy climate, cool in the summer, easy to get to Boston from, but most importantly, the scenery just never gets old. I think at the end that’s probably the thing that mattered the most in moving here - it’s just a beautiful place... with lots of snow. :)

Archived