Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

We'll goes without saying that What you have learned is SO much do to the brains on here.  The Best in the besiness.  But that's the same with me and music.  I'm a World Champion do to incredible people I shut up and listened to.  

BTW, one thing on the NWS map: You nailed that tiny little 14-20 SE Mass. section you were steadfast in.  

I'm glad the mid level band over ORH CO worked out, too....though I was a bit stingy on the west end.

Need to listen to rev more often. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm surge starting to cause some damage along the Halifax waterfront. Currently in the lull and awaiting the even stronger backside. Nice spike of warm air. 10c at the moment. Actually felt nice when I was out.

Congrats guys on the success with this storm. Good winter you all so far.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well call it 20” here... might be a bit less.. but whatever.

Roads are a disaster. Drifts are incredible.

This is probably the most impressive snow display I’ve seen in my life.

Lol I actually laughed out loud and scared the dog.  On behalf of the board ,congrats and please stfu 

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If this could have slowed down... could have been THE all timer 

20” basically in 10-11 hours is nothing to sneeze at

I just saw Harvey's Snowfall map on WCVB 5 and paused it as he looked at the latest reports that had come in.  I saw the old South Taunton report of 16.3 from a weather watcher but I do believe you tht either extreme north Taunton into the Norton area may have got the estimate of 20".  I also saw that Sharon came in with a 19" amount. So that tiny cluster in there may have come very close.  Dedham came in with 19" also I think. 

2 hours ago, The Graupler said:

Yeah this is awesome.  I bet my neighbors are torn between being amped up over the 16 inches of snow they got today or the brutal horror of trying to shovel 3 feet of the Atlantic ocean out of their basements in sub zero temps.

It's probably a wash

And my final is 14.5.  Great storm!  

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If this could have slowed down... could have been THE all timer 

20” basically in 10-11 hours is nothing to sneeze at

Yes. Was very impressive here. But this one was chugging along. Had it slowed some it would have been paralyzing.

17 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

Yes. Was very impressive here. But this one was chugging along. Had it slowed some it would have been paralyzing.

A real basic way to think is like this....  If this storm was generally 12-15 Hours total with 10"nearly 20" then if this was a 30 Hour storm like '78 (yes I rounded down, 32.4 Hours), just double the amounts. 20-40" of snow, 3-4 consecutive  high tides.  Think about it. :guitar:

23 minutes ago, Greg said:

A real basic way to think is like this....  If this storm was generally 12-15 Hours total with 10"nearly 20" then if this was a 30 Hour storm like '78 (yes I rounded down, 32.4 Hours), just double the amounts. 20-40" of snow, 3-4 consecutive  high tides.  Think about it. :guitar:

Would have occluded too far south and been just tidal 

Archived