Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah those images are awful.  No thank you on that.  Just the act of flooding during a snowstorm seems so unnatural lol.  Those photos of cars submerged in water with pasty snow on the roof are pretty crazy.  But with the temps we have coming, no thanks.

I was shocked at the pictures of North Weymouth.  Lived here 12 years and only remember a handful of times that area spilled over.  Add ice chunks to the slurry and it's a nightare.

Just now, The Graupler said:

I was shocked at the pictures of North Weymouth.  Lived here 12 years and only remember a handful of times that area spilled over.  Add ice chunks to the slurry and it's a nightare.

In all seriousness, if we had wave action.... this would have been a disaster. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

In all seriousness, if we had wave action.... this would have been a disaster. 

Harvey said this immediately. This is why it pays to have a broadcast veteran instead of trucking in this pretty young faces every 2-3 years who don't have the brains or the historical knowledge of a Don Kent or Bob Copeland.

Despite my wife telling me to not go out and blow snow because I'm still in recovery, I had to anyway, hey the snowblower drives itself right? After board cleaning at 9, picked up another 6of fluff, took multiple measurements when cleaning, ranging from 21-11, sticking with the 15, man is it howling, thought my anemometer was going to take off like a helicopter...my lowest pressure was 28.32, says my highest gust was only 35, but I question that, may need to recalibrate, but what a great storm!! On to the next threat!!

4 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Harvey said this immediately. This is why it pays to have a broadcast veteran instead of trucking in this pretty young faces every 2-3 years who don't have the brains or the historical knowledge of a Don Kent or Bob Copeland.

Did he? I’m glad he did. Ryan H was saying that too. 

Thanks, Cory...appreciate the high praise, but the talented folks on here with the degrees have them for a reason. I'm pretty good at one thing...SNE snowstorms...can hold my own with tropical systems, too.....but its more a niche for me fueled by intense passion. There are plenty of hobbyists like Steve and Bob who could out forecast me on a day-today basis.

Thanks again, though.....I've learned a lot from folks here...especially Will and Scott.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks, Cory...appreciate the high praise, but the talented folks on here with the degrees have them for a reason. I'm pretty good at one thing...SNE snowstorms...can hold my own with tropical systems, too.....but its more a niche for me fueled by intense passion. There are plenty of hobbyists like Steve and Bob who could out forecast me on a day-today basis.

Thanks again, though.....I've learned a lot from folks here...especially Will and Scott.

Meh you got it kid

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My aunt and uncle live in Hull. Two houses from the water.  She said the road out of there is closed.  They should be ok, but ding dang...

Their house survived ‘78 with no issues, as well as 2015, but this is bad

Hope they made it out alright! Some people suffered some serious losses. Luckily i have not heard of any serious injuries!! Proper planning is so important

4 minutes ago, HullMA said:

Hope they made it out alright! Some people suffered some serious losses. Luckily i have not heard of any serious injuries!! Proper planning is so important

She said no water in the basement, that they were ok.  The dude driving the front end loader cleared them out several times in 2015.  Accepted no payment...just an invite for beers in the nice weather.  Great town

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We'll goes without saying that What you have learned is SO much do to the brains on here.  The Best in the besiness.  But that's the same with me and music.  I'm a World Champion do to incredible people I shut up and listened to.  

BTW, one thing on the NWS map: You nailed that tiny little 14-20 SE Mass. section you were steadfast in.  

Archived