Newest Member
    joxey
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I took a walk down to the Old Port shortly after noon.  I missed high tide by a little bit but did see the wharf that J's Oyster is on have water over the roadway.  Anyway, blizzard has verified at PWM.  House is shaking with some of these gusts on Munjoy Hill

IMG_20180104_161004_878.jpg

Woah! Definitely some storm surge there.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I knew it...been pulling for you to make my upper bounds of 20"....you are my chosen one :lol:

LOL... this has been an amazing storm... would be nice to bit 20”... but either way... truly special.

I think this will start coming to an end fairly quickly for most in the next hour or two

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's amazing a ski area even existed in Springfield. I'd drive through that area and come across little to no snowcover, while areas to the north/south had substantially more.

The ski area was in Holyoke on a 1200' ridge.  As someone growing up just south of the border and driving to Springfield on an almost daily basis for school I encountered lots of times where it was raining/green south of the border and snowing there, but that was back in the 70s/80s.  Then again, this is a discussion for another thread/time.

6 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's amazing a ski area even existed in Springfield. I'd drive through that area and come across little to no snowcover, while areas to the north/south had substantially more.

We have ski areas in western NC which is crazy. Base towns on foot of these ski mountains don't get more than 10-20" of snow each year.

Cleared 6.0" from the board about 2:10 (0.43" LE, ratio 14:1), about 2 hours later could hardly see the trees across the yard - 100 ft - visibility well under 100 yards, and swept almost 6" more from the steps.  Next board check comes at my regular 9 PM obs time.  Wind gusts probably below 30, so no blizz, just puking snow. 

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

keep pushing says the pack queen.  I'm headed over to boscawen tomorrow and i wanna see good pack

Bands just keep coming in...I can’t keep up with it. I clear a path every hour to the birds and it’s 2-3” every time...compaction city where I’m actually measuring. Deep deep deep winter this weekend. Breathe it in ladies and fellas.

Archived