SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard Concord, Mass had 15" of snow 20 minutes ago.  Very simliar accumulations from Taunton to the Boston area and North Shore.  Will be very interesting to see what everybody end up with when all is said and done.  Definately aiming for the higher end of the snowfall forecast for the Boston area it appears.

3 hours ago, zoe456 said:

Just saw on WCSH-6 - flooding in the Old Port along one of the piers. They were interviewing a local radio personality that said it was 3' further down.

I took a walk down to the Old Port shortly after noon.  I missed high tide by a little bit but did see the wharf that J's Oyster is on have water over the roadway.  Anyway, blizzard has verified at PWM.  House is shaking with some of these gusts on Munjoy Hill

IMG_20180104_161004_878.jpg

2 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I took a walk down to the Old Port shortly after noon.  I missed high tide by a little bit but did see the wharf that J's Oyster is on have water over the roadway.  Anyway, blizzard has verified at PWM.  House is shaking with some of these gusts on Munjoy Hill

IMG_20180104_161004_878.jpg

Nice pic! 

6 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Power losses weren't as bad as feared. Despite the low pressure, this doesn't hold a candle to February 2013 away from the eastern ma shoreline. The juicy content made that a one in 50 year storm for southern areas.

Not epic snowfall, but an epic storm in every other facet.

Takes a lot to impress me without dropping 30" of snow imby, but this one pulled it off.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

25.6/25

977.6mb and falling.

Nearing 13".

S+ and wind...wow

At least 13 Ray. I'm going out now to get some more shoveling done will take some measurements but I think I'm closer to 15 in my hood. Also this looks like it is going to pivot right over is for the finale!

Archived