Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Not gonna complain. Great storm.

The evolution of it was amazing. Very tough forecasting too...very difficult. Disappointed on a personal note with my forecasts and how I handled them. Always try to use these situations as a learning experience and I think I’ll be spending some time trying to figure out exactly what I didn’t like and what I could have done better. 

24 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Not liking where I am for the rest of the storm.  Substance coming in before the main band comes through to end it, BUT the band seems to be cutting off it's northern edge to the point where I won't get it when it comes here.  I'm barely holding on to the bulb band over SE Mass.  Rest of RI is screwed right now.    

Lots of premature spiking the football earlier today thinking the Rhode island snow hole had been vanquished.

1 minute ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Lots of premature spiking the football earlier today thinking the Rhode island snow hole had been vanquished.

I dunno, PVD had 11" at 1pm and virtually the entire state will be in double digits...doesn't really matter if they get a few holes during the weakening phase of the backlash....the models that showed a screwzone there were a huge failure.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I dunno, PVD had 11" at 1pm and virtually the entire state will be in double digits...doesn't really matter if they get a few holes during the weakening phase of the backlash....the models that showed a screwzone there were a huge failure.

You're right. Certainly not firehose 2013. Rhode island started the event on fire, but began to limp to the finish line as the event progressed as the sucker holes became more prominent.

14 minutes ago, Dotb said:

Wankum just showed some snow totals.  Leominster 8.0 inches, Luneburg (basically right next door) 13.0 inches.  It never ceases to amaze. 

lot of shady things going on with totals....measuring every hour, measuring on the grass where there was inches of old snow prior etc

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

that sounds more like it, maybe your an inch ahead of me.....cant get over these big numbers one town over

about a foot otg with the old snow

Hate to break your heart but old snow not included... If you want to see for yourself its the first street over the ct line 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

We have had wind gust to 38 mph here.

Sounds about as forecast for me here, I don't doubt it.  I have a large ham radio antenna, been watching that blow back and forth.  Haven't lost it yet, it's seen 80 mph down in NC.  I've been waiting for it to snap on one of these -20F mornings though!

Any guesses when it'll wrap up and be gone for you?  I was gearing up to blow off the driveway, but forget that.  Nobody's coming or going, it'll wait for morning.

2 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Sounds about as forecast for me here, I don't doubt it.  I have a large ham radio antenna, been watching that blow back and forth.  Haven't lost it yet, it's seen 80 mph down in NC.  I've been waiting for it to snap on one of these -20F mornings though!

Any guesses when it'll wrap up and be gone for you?  I was gearing up to blow off the driveway, but forget that.  Nobody's coming or going, it'll wait for morning.

By 8 pm for the most part it should be over here.

Archived