Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not liking where I am for the rest of the storm.  Substance coming in before the main band comes through to end it, BUT the band seems to be cutting off it's northern edge to the point where I won't get it when it comes here.  I'm barely holding on to the bulb band over SE Mass.  Rest of RI is screwed right now.    

Over a foot. 12"+ here on the deck. but very windy.  Depths from drifting range from a low point of 12" to as high as 20".  I'm dead serious here.  I have no choice but to call it over a foot (12"+)  How do you measure such powdery snow.  Little wind goes a long way.  Don't know what I'll personally end up with but looking at the radar and future cast, I think mid tees in inches may not be out of the question.

I'm pretty confident KPVD will verify a blizzard. Visibility has been less than 0.25 miles since 9:00am this morning with wind and or gusts consistently surpassing 35 mph. There were only 3 occasions (5 minute increment observations) in which the visibility reached 0.5 miles within this timeframe.

Otherwise, snow rates are picking up again! :) I think 2-4 more inches is certainly possible for this area (Pawtucket/surrounding locations). I think that'll bring my total to ~15-18. We'll see!!! 

I have no idea how much snow we've gotten.  I have drifts on the north side of the house that are about 2' deep.  I've shoveled the back deck a half dozen times and every time I go out there's another 6" that's blown off the roof.  Clean up is going to be a bear, my driveway is 200 yards long through heavy woods and it looks drifted for the entire length.

29 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

2-3” of sand here. Horrible snow growth. Alb NWS mentioned 15-20:1. Looks like about 7-8:1. Steady light snow all day. Visibility was 1/4 mile for a while but it seemed like it was more from blowing snow and wind. Meh. Hoping for HVMV convergence to save the day this evening.

Just did a core of 3.8" with .43" liquid. So yea 8-9:1 verified here. Just horrendous snow growth all day. Even Woodford VT only had 3.5" a few hours ago and Landgrove VT at 1800ft near me only 2" at 12pm. 

8:1 with temps in the mid teens just proves the fact(that most know in here) that cold temps does not equal ratios. I didn't look, but I know PF was mentioning a day or so ago about some big time issues in the DGZ that pointed to these types of ratios out the far western areas. No Kuchie ratios here.

Archived