Newest Member
    Dano62
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The definition is vague anyway...”frequent gusts”. I mean you had gusts over 30kt every hour, but here and there they would dip into the 20s. They should average the gusts over the hour (1min obs) and if it’s over 30kt say that hour qualifies. The vis can be cheap too. You can have 5 straight hours of 1/4SM except for one SPECI in the middle that is 1/2SM.

Canadians go with 4 hours and sustained wind of 40km h(22 kts) so it's a bit harder. 

11 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I'm surprised surge wasn't talked about here. I know everyone was preoccupied with the snow but this seemed primed for Boston Harbour. I fear that's what Halifax's waterfront is going to look like. Winds gusting to 72mph at the airport and that's well inland.

I believe that the Sultan of Surge (Ginx) mentioned the possibilities but he got taken out by the flu and a burst pipe at the museum so his posts have been limited a bit.  

1 hour ago, HullMA said:

We all wish for these intense storms, but if you live in a coastal town this is the worst we have seen and people are in serious danger

My aunt and uncle live in Hull. Two houses from the water.  She said the road out of there is closed.  They should be ok, but ding dang...

Their house survived ‘78 with no issues, as well as 2015, but this is bad

Archived