Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

NAM did have some bad runs. Yesterday’s 18z run was awful and was a real curveball to anyone who  didn’t discount it. But yea, overall a superior performance.

The NAM has forecast 0.2-1.1" of QPF here in the past 6 runs.  Not sure it was stellar but I guess when you are on the far western edge you will get those wide variations.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And you were worried this morning about 5-10" or something?!  Congrats on the 14" and counting in Litchfield County.

Yeah, seriously over performance here, I was worried the banding would set up just east and we'd suck exhaust, but we lucked out, I kinda rode the NAM 3k too, with hope!! Ratios lately have really come up, adding to the pile up!

18 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Well **** it, I'm packing it in. This is so torturous watching the live shots and knowing that I'm missing out by only 5 miles...i did some p90x yoga...guess I'll go shower and then do some more research into the Forrest Fenn Treasure. Congrats to all you weenies...i think I'm going to go silently cry in the shower

I've been there many times, but this is a tough one.  I'm really sorry and sending my Snowman wishing.  

Going out to snow blow again soon. Eyeballing out the window (with 20 years experience here) I'm guessing we have surpassed a foot, but so much blowing and drifting hard to tell. The visibility has been under half a mile all day, right now just about a quarter mile. Powerful wind on the hill here. What a great winter day!

Archived