Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Does 3 ft against the side of my house qualify? lol

I usually report to Albany, there's not much reporting up here, i know there was a station in Norfolk, but not sure if they still operate...i can say now, i am close to 14", 9" at clearing, and ~5 since, that 5 came since 12:30 and still ripping

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

2nd highest tide in Beantown history,  that's impressive 

Some knew all along, might have been the BM modeled pressure combined with Astronomical Tide. With what you went through I now understand why you didn't pound on it.
Ah, kind of think this will be an over-performer.  

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

@#NoPoles how are you making out there?  power?  snow?

I have power, my development has a secondary circuit if the primary route goes down...however, congrats on all the westward track adjustments, but for my area it was just too far west. I am pretty much white rain or plain rain...saw some totals of over 16inches out your way. Man did this system have a ton of moisture. I hit an inch of liquid by around noon time...

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I usually report to Albany, there's not much reporting up here, i know there was a station in Norfolk, but not sure if they still operate...i can say now, i am close to 14", 9" at clearing, and ~5 since, that 5 came since 12:30 and still ripping

And you were worried this morning about 5-10" or something?!  Congrats on the 14" and counting in Litchfield County.

Well **** it, I'm packing it in. This is so torturous watching the live shots and knowing that I'm missing out by only 5 miles...i did some p90x yoga...guess I'll go shower and then do some more research into the Forrest Fenn Treasure. Congrats to all you weenies...i think I'm going to go silently cry in the shower

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

There is still a reporting station in Norfolk.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

And you were worried this morning about 5-10" or something?!  Congrats on the 14" and counting in Litchfield County.

I am in Litchfield County.  Maybe somebody got 14".  Hard to really tell with all the blowing, but I'd say I'm at 8-10" max.  But the deform band is passing overhead for the second time today and we have +SN.

Archived