Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just pics of Atlantic ave in Boston near aquarium...crazy. Sea ice thrown all into the road form the harbor.

BOSflooding.jpg

Noon news had pics like that from harborside in PWM, also at Marginal Way where I-295 runs between it and Back Bay.  8-11:30 AM had 3/4" of tiny flakes.  Then it learned to snow, under that 30-35 dbz band, probably about 4" now and we're between bands.  Winds are moderate, temp about 20.  P'n'C upped to 12-18", from 9-15" at 7 AM.  Seems high, but verifying would be nice.

Well, I was somewhat hoping for the infamous RI dry slot to keep totals down east of Mystic CT. up to at least Exeter considering my job is ahem... extraordinarily weather sensitive... However I did grow up in the U.P. so if it’s going to snow why not go big.  It’s been interesting watching the global models this past week, I’ve learned a good few lessons with a unique system like this.   I do have my “Yooper Scooper” handy here in Westerly;  look that up folks and get one, it almost makes snow removal fun.  Be safe, and thanks!  Hard to measure how much snow is here ATM,  I put my yhaad stick in and can’t find it...

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Noon news had pics like that from harborside in PWM, also at Marginal Way where I-295 runs between it and Back Bay.  8-11:30 AM had 3/4" of tiny flakes.  Then it learned to snow, under that 30-35 dbz band, probably about 4" now and we're between bands.  Winds are moderate, temp about 20.  P'n'C upped to 12-18", from 9-15" at 7 AM.  Seems high, but verifying would be nice.

I wonder why the water is so high in Boston with the wind from due North?  I could see Cape Cod Bay for sure being high. Perhaps it is (low) pressure related?

1 minute ago, apm said:

I wonder why the water is so high in Boston with the wind from due North?  I could see Cape Cod Bay for sure being high. Perhaps it is (low) pressure related?

Large pressure falls, highest tides of the year, NE fetch offshore..rising sea levels. We flood.

Just incredible out there... seems the ratios have come up as it seems the two and a half inches since clearing are very fluffy, compared to the mansnow from earlier... also still under this awesome band, as it looks to pivot through, but hasn't budged in over an hour...at 11.5" now and still puking flakes!!

Archived