Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these idiots are driving their entitled SUVs through 18" deep slush seawater down in Winthrop... wtf - 

okay...

High tide is going to be a trip.   Btw, was there even coastal flood alerts?  There had to have been... we aren't that far off an astro tide. 

It's funny how the news sets up to give the affect of it being everywhere ...  

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

So with continued ~4-5hrs of nirvana at these rates. One might expect 12-14" region-wide... somewhere where the ribbons pivot and rot 24" is not beyond the realm of obtaining! Just the math, just doing the math. KU anyone?

Honestly couldn't tell ya what I have.  I measured an area of 6" and a drift area of 2' lol

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

So with continued ~4-5hrs of nirvana at these rates. One might expect 12-14" region-wide... somewhere where the ribbons pivot and rot 24" is not beyond the realm of obtaining! Just the math, just doing the math. KU anyone?

Yes I’d say so...at 11 inches here in central CT...and this has a few hours to go. I’d say KU for sure imo.

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

20” in reach here? At about a foot.

Looks like the pivot will be nearby 

I'm about at one foot, as well. Moderate to heavy snow accompanied by strong winds all day long so far (Pawtucket, RI). I'm surprised the Attleboro/Providence/Pawtucket area didn't dry slot, change to sleet, spontaneously combust, etc... I'm not used to this area performing well during winter storms. I'm glad I made the trip from CT to experience this! This is truly a memorable event for this area imo. 

Just now, dryslot said:

Those bands offshore on radar to the SE just keep building as they head NW into the coast and here.

Bring it!  Our wind just now kicked up and vis is way down.  Went to grocery store an hour ago, I was very meh, but my tune has changed! :)  I knew I’d be late to the game though.

1 minute ago, MegaMike said:

I'm about at one foot, as well. Moderate to heavy snow accompanied by strong winds all day long so far (Pawtucket, RI). I'm surprised the Attleboro/Providence/Pawtucket area didn't dry slot, change to sleet, spontaneously combust, etc... I'm not used to this area performing well during winter storms. I'm glad I made the trip from CT to experience this! This is truly a memorable event for this area imo. 

:lol:

yeah... the past few big storms have been oddly poor there. This is one of the best storms I’ve experienced in my 23 years... hands down

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You think we congeal one big band and rip it thru the region west to east?

There could be some narrower intense bands later on as this thing swings NE of us....but I'm not sure it'sgoing to congeal into this monster thing. Banding is inherently hard to predict.

Anyways....still all out crushage for most of New England

Jan4_130pmRadar.gif

Archived