Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Whole lot of meh here. 1" otg.  Snowfall rates are unimpressive. Wind even seems to have let up.

1m

DXFD has a brushbreaker with Firefighters dressed for a blizzard staged on the Gurnet near Cable Hill Rd. Roads are completely IMPASSABLE!! Stay off the roads! #grayson #weather #blizzard #MAsnow #flooding #duxbury call 911 for emergencies.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going out for the first shovel, eyeballing around 9” which is line with nearby spotters. Intensity has picked up again after a 45min come down from getting bombed. Looks like the weenie deform is expanding, but wont go any further nw, as more inflow gets pumped into it. 

Just a cool system with surprises across the board.....be back in an hour. weeeeeeeeeeee....

Best snow rate yet. I can't even see the house across the parking lot. Must be legitimate 3+"/hour now.

4 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

As a newbie to NE you must uphold tradition.  Need to remove all clothing, stand outside, and take it all in!!

Lol

6 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Welcome to the forum Tyler.  I also lurked on this forum for a good 2-3 years before making an account! Watch out people get offended easily on this site as I'm sure you have seen... but just do you and ignore the haters and bullies  lol :lol: 

Funny, but grains of truth! This site is awesome but it's a clique like that 80s chick flick heathers.

NW CT continues to be hanging on to the outer most death band.  Wow.  Going to call the New England Accordion Museum guy who lives right near Lime Rock and see if he can measure for us.  

I had 6.75" at noon after 2" per hour.  Getting ready for the new fun band.  Should have 7.5" or so, I'll check in 20.  My Driveway / Grass / Other usual measuring points were up to 4" :lol:  

it'll be interesting to note when this thing max(ed) ...  

we had some stellar snow fall rates for a 2 to 3 hours earlier, but now it's been grainier and sandy with occasional, though manageable wind gusts.  21 F 

7.5" 

Radar does appear to have entered the pulse behavior - that typically means you're past max and entering the slow death ending chapters ...so good for a few inches, and notwithstanding that a burst or two could still take place jut less pervasive...  

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

NW CT continues to be hanging on to the outer most death band.  Wow.  Going to call the New England Accordion Museum guy who lives right near Lime Rock and see if he can measure for us.  

I had 6.75" at noon after 2" per hour.  Getting ready for the new fun band.  Should have 7.5" or so, I'll check in 20.  My Driveway / Grass / Other usual measuring points were up to 4" :lol:  

For some reason, I was thinking there was an arctic high in place with this, so I was too stingy out west.

Oh well....need better attention to detail next time.

Glad it worked out for them.

Archived