Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

You've been in a snole hole, I've been ripping here.  I have under 2".  I want a picture before I believe you even have 3".  

PVD has been at 1/4 mile SN+ for over 2 hours now...either you are measuring in a wind scoured area or you have a magic anti-Tolland effect on your property.

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Dumping.  Flakes are the best they've been all day--but that's not saying much.  Vis sucks.

Legit +SN but still baking powder.   To give people an idea of how dense this stuff is, you can hear the snow falling on snow and even with gusts to 15mph there is no snow blowing off roofs.  This is going to be like shoveling sand. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is some destruction going on....I knew there would be some good rates in there, but there's a pretty large area of 2" per hour type stuff. Pretty much every single station in SNE outside of extreme western and extreme SE areas is reporting heavy snow.

I am actually shocked that the heavy banding made it this far west into SW CT.

Complete white out

Some of my employees in New York City are reporting very heavy snow as well 

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

pinging hard at the moment, didnt expect that, mixed with snow

Really? Weird, not getting that here. Had an epic jebwalk a few minutes ago. The rates have come down a bit since the band pushed west, but for a bit there it was definitely pushing 4"/hr. Measured between 7-8" in several spots, but hard to say an exact amount. Starting to drift.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Legit +SN but still baking powder.   To give people an idea of how dense this stuff is, you can hear the snow falling on snow and even with gusts to 15mph there is no snow blowing off roofs.  This is going to be like shoveling sand. 

I shoveled my front steps for a few minutes.  Really interesting.  Very densely packed feathers. Wind will be making it harder to measure going forward

Archived