Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

My gut feeling is that the western band, which is through central CT now up to SE NH, that’s where the big offshore band is going to end up settling as it pushes westward. It will pivot and move west some on the northern extent (Ray’s area up into my forecast area), but for those in CT I think that’s where you want to be.

That's exactly what I posted a page back. I'm with you.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

My gut feeling is that the western band, which is through central CT now up to SE NH, that’s where the big offshore band is going to end up settling as it pushes westward. It will pivot and move west some on the northern extent (Ray’s area up into my forecast area), but for those in CT I think that’s where you want to be.

Music to my ears.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

16F. SN.   Baking powder.  I may stay in the teens and still get "man snow" lol. 

Just relatively little of it.  The gradient is tight enough where you might wind up with  a few more inches than I.

Visibility is way down now, but the flakes are atrocious.

16*, gusting to 15mph

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm expecting it to be similar to Christmas day storm here today, With 1-3"/hr rates in that band.

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

Try to keep it to discussion about observations, the storm, actual things going on today. There's a banter thread for you.

I'll respect that as long as you cool it with the insults. I'm calling you out publicly because two nights ago you mocked me for suggesting a storm chaser traveling 17 hours camp out along the north shore instead of the south shore. It's raining along the south shore.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

So is that we?

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I’m a little nervous in this happening...it’s going to be extremely close I think. Looking to the kinks in the 700mb analysis though does lend me to believe that the 700 low may track west enough for that insane frontogenesis to pivot back over central CT. Was looking at latest HRRR though and simulated radar didn’t appear that great. I actually noticed this last night too in some models...I wonder if the system starts occluding late morning and inflow of warm/moist air into the system shuts off? Looked like radar (simulated) became a bit meh from west to east late morning 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Those GOES16 wv and IR loops are mesmerizing. SE MA may want to keep an eye on that dryslot later too. Could be fun riding the line on the north side of that though.

Damage is likely done by than though.  Great look right now.   12z HRRR up to 14" here and still snowing, albeit lightly thru 9hr.

Archived