Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Yep. Significant difference of snow cover between airport and turnpike exits on 283.

Saw Ethan on WGAL last night, and he said it took 17 hrs for the snow to advance from KMDT airport to KLNS.

Yeah this is the sting of old that i remember all too well.  No biggie.

Hoping late Jan/early Feb starts to grow legs, as it is back and forth till then.

Nut

14 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Keep in mind, you were reporting 5" at one point last evening when I had cloudy skies and brown grass.  And I'm really not that far away from you...

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yup. I wasn’t being snarky (for once!), the gradient was very sharp. An 81 runner - again.

There was a difference from my house to my work. When i was younger (much younger) i could have thrown a baseball from one to the other :)

All kidding aside, is it a half mile the way the bird flys? 

19 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

I find myself more rooting for Maytown and nut than imby because their passion and knowledge is truly incredible. Here's to a late jan. mauling for you, and may as well throw crazy mid atlantic fellas in too.

That's very kind of you to say and is much appreciated. This really is an amazing sub forum. Wouldn't it be nice for just once to get a storm where we all get mauled? I'll gladly taint to get a mauling all the way back to Clearfield. Superstorm of '93...I think that would work for just about everyone in here. :)

25 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

I find myself more rooting for Maytown and nut than imby because their passion and knowledge is truly incredible. Here's to a late jan. mauling for you, and may as well throw crazy mid atlantic fellas in too.

Pretty much zip on the GFS and Euro through Day 10.  Hard to believe we're half way through snow season already.  Let's hope climo holds with February being our snowiest month.

29 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

That's very kind of you to say and is much appreciated. This really is an amazing sub forum. Wouldn't it be nice for just once to get a storm where we all get mauled? I'll gladly taint to get a mauling all the way back to Clearfield. Superstorm of '93...I think that would work for just about everyone in here. :)

Haha, any big event I am down with, even dreaded rain! Seriously though you guys add a ton and make this forum a fun place to visit...then my warm weather bro in Tamaqua and of course, HOFer Sauss. Shout out to all mets(MAG, Allweather, millersville guys) and canderson and capital gang, great group we have.

29 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Haha, any big event I am down with, even dreaded rain! Seriously though you guys add a ton and make this forum a fun place to visit...then my warm weather bro in Tamaqua and of course, HOFer Sauss. Shout out to all mets(MAG, Allweather, millersville guys) and canderson and capital gang, great group we have.

Thx man. Hope ur tired from makin snow angels. 

Yall better play in what ya got cause I may have to borrow my cave from voyager for a week r 2. 

And if we ever do get the region wide mauler, maytown please don’t tell the crew here that u and I tainted fr everyone. 

It REALLY sounds....

well......

bad...just bad. 

;)

15 hours ago, canderson said:

Sauss you work off Cameron right sorta by the Farm Show complex? I’m prob 1/4 mike away as the crow flies. The diff in Harrisburg and Lower Allen Twp is quite stark - a good 2-3” less over there. 

Yes sir. When the young guy who helps me plow/snow removal text me yesterday morning and said there 8" on our lot, i out right laughed and when i pulled in i had to put my Tahoe in 4WD lol. 

It almost reminds me of the snow we had in the fall a couple years ago when the weather channel came to Harrisburg, Camp Hill had like 5-6" and i had a dusting at best at my house. 

7 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Yes sir. When the young guy who helps me plow/snow removal text me yesterday morning and said there 8" on our lot, i out right laughed and when i pulled in i had to put my Tahoe in 4WD lol. 

It almost reminds me of the snow we had in the fall a couple years ago when the weather channel came to Harrisburg, Camp Hill had like 5-6" and i had a dusting at best at my house. 

The Halloween snow? Cantore was behind the capital when we had a few bursts of thundersnow and he FLIPPED out lol.

15 hours ago, canderson said:

The Halloween snow? Cantore was behind the capital when we had a few bursts of thundersnow and he FLIPPED out lol.

yep. Tight gradient with that storm. CampHill had several inches, we had a dusting at best. In fact i went to Al's at Summerdale to meet guys to watch a Penn State football game and they had at least an inch on their parking lot and basically around the corner i had nothing :o

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

I fear that's going to turn ugly Sunday down your way. Be safe. 

4 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Susquehanna continues to rise down here as a result of the ice jam north of Safe Harbor. River at Marietta is  3' below flood stage, and the flood watch continues...

ditto what Canderson said. Good luck Mike. 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:07 AM, canderson said:

I fear that's going to turn ugly Sunday down your way. Be safe. 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:38 AM, sauss06 said:

ditto what Canderson said. Good luck Mike. 

Thanks guys! River actually started falling yesterday afternoon. 

Edit: It has begun rising again. Up about 1.5' since early this morning. 

13 hours ago, canderson said:

We are rapidly approaching the 2 year anniversary of the biggest snowfall in Harrisburg history. The January 23, 2016, total of 30} to this day floors me. I remember the build up vividly with the NAM showing the totals and me doubting we’d get a foot of snow. 

This is what it looked like:

That storm also may be why I don't feel too particularly bad that the Mid-Atlantic is having a lackluster winter in the snowfall department so far haha. #4 on the NESIS snowstorm list behind only 93, 96, and 1960. 

Archived