Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 3.8" here as of a few minutes ago with like what Chris described....a heavy moderate to nearly heavy since I did pick up 0.9" between 8:00 and 9:00.  Great event.  Got my 4", so now onto 5"??

Temp holding steady at 29.5 degrees and not budging.  Winds totally calm.  Looks really beautiful out there tonight....and quiet!

>>Edit....just looked at latest radar.  Looks like the end of the really good stuff is closing in quickly.  Might not make it to 5, but probably close to 4.5" when it wraps up.  Will keep you updated...

Well, that heavy band quickly moved through and is moving through Harrisburg right now.  Was great while it lasted.  Just measured exactly 4.0" of accumulation.  Unless some extra band forms it looks like just light snow for a while longer with little additional accumulation.

Great Event, and biggest, so far, of this winter season.  Enjoy everyone.  Sorry for York/Lanc folks with this one.  No doubt your time will come soon enough.  We're not even 4 weeks into astronomical winter, yet we've had some pretty wintery conditions during this time.  In the past 10 days I've had a low of -4 and a high of 68.  That seems pretty impressive to me.

51 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Up to 3.8" here as of a few minutes ago with like what Chris described....a heavy moderate to nearly heavy since I did pick up 0.9" between 8:00 and 9:00.  Great event.  Got my 4", so now onto 5"??

Temp holding steady at 29.5 degrees and not budging.  Winds totally calm.  Looks really beautiful out there tonight....and quiet!

>>Edit....just looked at latest radar.  Looks like the end of the really good stuff is closing in quickly.  Might not make it to 5, but probably close to 4.5" when it wraps up.  Will keep you updated...

Moderate snow with good flake size continues here in Marysville. The radar is showing a good band of snow covering all of Dauphin county & nearby bordering areas. It looks like maybe a few hours of light snow after this heavy band moves out.

Midnight reading remains at 4.0" storm total with melted water of 0.30" giving a 13:1 SLR.  A few flakes still falling but only mood flakes now.  

My son in Atlanta called tonight to say that it was snowing down there AGAIN, and he had a dusting, back around 9:00pm.  What a huge amount of real estate this snow activity covered today including a good chunk of the south with at least some measureable.

>>Edit again...just looked at radar and there seems to be another round solidifying to my southwest looking like it wants to head northeast over this way.  I better go put my rain gauge back out on the table in case there's a little more there come morning.  :)

As mentioned pretty amazing the storm went from Texas all the way up to the North East. Not often do you see a swath of snow that long & big.

Storm was also a long duration.

Heading out at 7:00 am for cleanup...I got about 250' of driveway. And my Mom has about 200' of driveway.

Will get a measurement when I go out.

Glad I put the gauge back out after the midnight measurements.  It had another 0.4" of snow in the post-midnight bonus giving me 4.4" total.  My son down in ATL ended up with about 1.5 to 2.0" even there overnight.  Major roads all solidly snow-covered.  No plows...no salt....no work for many down there today.  Ahhh the awesomeness of mother nature.  

Temp back down to 18 degrees which is the low for the day.  It's been in the teens so much it almost seems like the norm now.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yea this overperformed. Basically 6” total here. Day off! 

I'd like to hear measurements from people in and around our area. I didn't measure at home, but going by what we shoveled yesterday and then again this morning i too said 6. I get to work at 5 and i'm thinking 7-8 on our lot. i seriously underestimated this and damn near didn't have my building/ walks/lot done before people showed up for work. 

Archived