Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

43 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm on my phone so i really cant see a good radar. How is looking for us later here in the Harrisburg area?

Radar looks pretty solid. The low topped nature of the snow though is a bit unnerving for me as it always looks like it's drying out over Schuylkill County, but I think that the beam is overshooting the precipitation this far away, and I'm pretty much right at the edge of usefulness for all three local radar sites, State College, Mt Holly, and Binghamton.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow really picked up in intensity over the last hour or 2 in the Harrisburg area. There looks to be about 2 inches of snow in Marysville so far since this morning. The secondary roads were bad, but I-81 wasn’t too bad around 5 pm.

The radar looks solid & this system is crawling along, so we may have another 10 hours of snow to go !

23 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Sorry to sound stupid with this question...but are those numbers the expected storm totals from the start of the event, or the amounts expected beginning at 5:00pm until 7:00am tomorrow morning?

It's kind of confusing...It's for the whole event but, it was updated at 5:27. to 6"

Before it was 4"  

Archived