• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MAG5035

Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

8 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

This is the hardest I have seen it snow in a while. It is puking snow. Can we post video?

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

Up to 1.3" now with very heavy snow falling.  Over 1"/hr rates at the moment.  Even streets and sidewalks are turning white now as the temp has dropped down to 31.6 degrees.  Looking great out there!!

Snow has become much less intense. Probably two inches in 90 minutes. I ain't measured. But it looks like it's about one fifth the size of my point of reference...

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Up to 1.3" now with very heavy snow falling.  Over 1"/hr rates at the moment.  Even streets and sidewalks are turning white now as the temp has dropped down to 31.6 degrees.  Looking great out there!!

Same band finally reaching me.    Things are cranking 

Let me just say: the intensity here has dropped, but in the same way where a nuclear bomb has fizzled to the MOAB. It's probably still falling at an inch an hour here. 

Just measured again...up to 2.5" in about 90 minutes.  Continues to come down at 1.5"/hour rate with huge flakes non-stop.  Best stuff since the 3 footer back in Jan'16.  Temp holding at 31.6 degrees.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I’m glad my storm came to fruition -  I bravely called this one three weeks ago. I deserve a medal. 

Not only that...but you're in the bulls eye too!  Great prognosticating on your part.

• Like 1

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Just measured again...up to 2.5" in about 90 minutes.  Continues to come down at 1.5"/hour rate with huge flakes non-stop.  Best stuff since the 3 footer back in Jan'16.  Temp holding at 31.6 degrees.

2" on my board here near Enola - road now covered and I-81 growing quiet

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yes you did. Now I hope we get the storm I'm stalking around March 4th-8th. 

I hope we get the storms I’m stalking on 2/26

2/28

3/1

3/3

3/5

3/7

3/9....no snow. Shovel and Make room for more

3/11

3/13. Blizzard.  To hell w/unlucky numbers 

3/15....why not...spring coming soon

3/17 when voyager gets dug out...he’s going to drive down here and use me as a speed bump.

shall I stop yet?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I hope we get the storms I’m stalking on 2/26

2/28

3/1

3/3

3/5

3/7

3/9....no snow. Shovel and Make room for more

3/11

3/13. Blizzard.  To hell w/unlucky numbers 

3/15....why not...spring coming soon

3/17 

shall I stop yet?

No. Sounds reasonable and we'll take. 

• Like 1

I measured 2.8 inches of snow here in Marysville at 5 pm. Heavy snow continues!

MDT had .25 mile visibility at 5pm.

Does anyone think CTP might consider an upgrade to a Warning ? They upped the most likely amounts for Harrisburg to 5 inches, which I think would meet warning criteria? 

The radar is loaded the whole way to OH & WV, all heading our way.

Ummm...apparently I underestimated the snowfall rate because it's only been 30 minutes since I posted 2.5" and I just measured 4.0" !!  That's 3"/hr rate.  We did have that kind of rate for multiple hours during the Jan'16 storm.  WOW!  Where's my upgraded winter storm warning????!!!!!!