Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It should just be a matter of time before CTP puts up an Advisory or Warning for the LSV. Most models today continue to put us in the 3 to 6 inch range.

I think this storm has the chance to become MDT’s top event of the season if they can score more than 4 inches of snow tomorrow night!

Such a high bar to clear...

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Overnight NAMs & the latest HRRR deliver 4 to 5 inches of snow to the LSV.

The radar looks impressive in the Midwest & it is rolling right toward us!

HRRR has been looking good the last few hours and with the NAM wants to bring at least a dusting to most of the state.  Now just need to get some cloud cover to move in and help keep these temps down!!

13 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

HRRR has been looking good the last few hours and with the NAM wants to bring at least a dusting to most of the state.  Now just need to get some cloud cover to move in and help keep these temps down!!

clouds are coming....

column has cooled.  looking forward to whatever we get, as it looks to be notably better than last few down here.

Just now, maytownpawx said:

Sunny and already 35 after a low of 28.

Temps today will be no problem. CTP said things will cool off very quickly when the precip begins. The dew point at MDT is 18 currently & all the LSV stations have dew points in the high teens to low 20’s now.

The radar looks really good as well.

Temps today will be no problem. CTP said things will cool off very quickly when the precip begins. The dew point at MDT is 18 currently & all the LSV stations have dew points in the high teens to low 20’s now.

Agreed.

Sitting at 33F with a dewpoint 18F. Temp has risen with sunshine but dewpoints have been staying in the teens.

45 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree too, but was pointing out that my forecast high of 36 might be a bit low.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

It went from bright and sunny to quite dark fast - like within 45 mins.

Temp currently 38, a few degrees above forecast high. That should begin dropping soon I’d think.

Yes, same here. The dew point is still in the low 20’s, so temps will drop off fast when the precip begins.

NWS point-n-click now has me 3 to 6 inches for the event.  Sweet, even though half or more will melt tomorrow afternoon.  Temp peaked at 38, now down to 36 with overcast rapidly thickening.  DT's forecast looks reasonable.

Radar shows snow rapidly approaching from the south and west.  Should start for sure by 3:00 it would seem now.

Archived