Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Allweather, I see that you are here!

What are your thoughts on today’s storm for the LSV?

Haha, yeah! Been lurking a lot more than commenting. Having a 9 month old baby boy is taking my attention lol. 

Juicy Baha Blast (Taco Bell anyone?) system that’s a quick hitter. Careful using 10:1 ratio maps with this one. Can lead you astray. I like Ferrier Method maps via Tropically Tidbits NAM output. Shows vast differences between 10:1 and ferrier. That should be a sign that rimed flakes make accumulating snow tougher south of Route 30. 

Heres my map from this morning. If I had to adjust, I’d take the 3-6” line farther SW down I-81 into Franklin Co. 8F28B32D-34E7-4582-B860-11E0D86DB555.jpeg.71153276ead92eaeaa770e19abb2b8e1.jpeg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Haha, yeah! Been lurking a lot more than commenting. Having a 9 month old baby boy is taking my attention lol. 

Juicy Baha Blast (Taco Bell anyone?) system that’s a quick hitter. Careful using 10:1 ratio maps with this one. Can lead you astray. I like Ferrier Method maps via Tropically Tidbits NAM output. Shows vast differences between 10:1 and ferrier. That should be a sign that rimed flakes make accumulating snow tougher south of Route 30. 

Heres my map from this morning. If I had to adjust, I’d take the 3-6” line farther SW down I-81 into Franklin Co. 8F28B32D-34E7-4582-B860-11E0D86DB555.jpeg.71153276ead92eaeaa770e19abb2b8e1.jpeg

Thanks man!

Enjoy the family time.

9 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

That wavy blue line extends right over my house. :)

The tip of the arrow center point is over Cumberland County...lol.  Also NWS point-n-click just updated for 3" to 7" total for the storm.  Where's my upgrade to a winter storm warning??? (j/k)

First flurries beginning to fly here.  Let the games begin.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

The tip of the arrow center point is over Cumberland County...lol.  Also NWS point-n-click just updated for 3" to 7" total for the storm.  Where's my upgrade to a winter storm warning??? (j/k)

First flurries beginning to fly here.  Let the games begin.

Thanks for posting the meso discussion. It’s nice to be in the bullseye.

This event timing is great because it’s a Saturday & it should be over by around midnight, so I should still be able to get a decent night of sleep after the storm is done.

Archived