Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm hearing Coudersport and areas around there are without power and will be until possibly tomorrow.  

I was on the phone w/ Howards Powersports in Coudersport 2 min ago....so they are good (and about 5-10 miles east of downtown.  She said snow at her location.  Its 24 deg up there.

No power would suck tonight.  Thank goodness i have a wood stove for heat at the cabin (and multiple lanterns for light).

if thats the case no indoor plumbing usage.  Its outhouse for everyone.... :P  (was there before we put modern plumbing in - so suck it up buttercups)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

.25” ice measured down this way.    29.8 degrees 

wow.  

While many transitioned quicker than models/mets/weenies anticipated, I'm not shocked to see low level cold holding stronger than modeled.  Us southerners know this game rather well.  Its glazed over nicely here in Etown, and at 31 deg.  Models yesterday had us at 34-35 by now.  Thats why I chalked my line from Chambersburg to Pottsville and points north/west never really seeing pure rain, and staying in some sort of frozen variety. 

8 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

getting very foggy here now - visibility is down to about a quarter of a mile even though MDT reporting 1

are you at work, or home? I'm kinda curious how the ice accretion is over home? if home, what do you have for temp? I'm told 29 but not sure how accurate his gauge is, i trust yours more :rolleyes:  

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

are you at work, or home? I'm kinda curious how the ice accretion is over home? if home, what do you have for temp? I'm told 29 but not sure how accurate his gauge is, i trust yours more :rolleyes:  

I'm at home - ice accretion here hasn't been anything more than a glaze and like canderson said its already starting to do a number on what fell earlier this morning.  My outdoor sensor is reading 34-35.

Judging by current radar it's looking like maybe 2 more hours of active precip to go.  I'm sitting right on the cusp, at 31.8 degrees with moderate freezing rain.  This part of the storm is so reminiscent of Sunday afternoon's.  I peaked at 32.2 degrees for that one as the precip shut off.  Probably going to be similar situation here with this one.

4 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

I'm at home - ice accretion here hasn't been anything more than a glaze and like canderson said its already starting to do a number on what fell earlier this morning.  My outdoor sensor is reading 34-35.

Thank you for the good intel. here is the ice built up at work off of Elmerton ave. 

ice.jpg

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Western edge of active precip shield rapidly approaching and is currently along a Newburg / Shippensburg line.  I'd say 30 more minutes of steady precip here and then it's over.  Temp holding still at 31.8 degrees.  How underwhelming.

Holy cow I just looked at radar, Shipp already done it looks like.

52 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Thank you for the good intel. here is the ice built up at work off of Elmerton ave. 

of course after I posted that the fog went away and now there is .05-.1" ice on the trees - exposed pavement is just slush as my driveway may clear before the cold air moves in later.  Curious to see if conditions down around Valley Road are any different just with the slight elevation difference from where I am.

Archived