SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now up to 31.8 degrees with roughly a 50% sleet, 40% ZR, and 10% snow which keeps mixing in then out.  I know I've received close to 0.5" of liquid so far, which leaves maybe 0.10" tops of liquid left for the storm...so maybe 0.05" falls with temp just above 32.0?  In any event it will be white here until the next snow storm arrives later Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Someone doesn’t like me...look at Lanco....booo

i'm certainly not an expert, but it looks to me like it starts snowing Wednesday around lunch time and picks up around rush hour, snowing into Wednesday evening. GFS gives us some love.

edit- I'm usually wrong though :lol:

35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm certainly not an expert, but it looks to me like it starts snowing Wednesday around lunch time and picks up around rush hour, snowing into Wednesday evening. GFS gives us some love.

edit- I'm usually wrong though :lol:

The snow is overnight Tuesday through Wednesday am before we mix. Most models now have the Harrisburg area in the 3-6 inch range before the mix.

1 hour ago, Storm Clouds said:

Did the 6z NAM and GFS keep improving for us down here? 

GFS looks a little better.  Keep low across southern pa to about Allentown.

NAM, went the wrong way and ping pongs LP through southern tier of PA.  

Toggling around through the panels, It looks to me like that a similar evolution of who snows, who taints, and who rains is similar to yesterday.  We need a nice jog south for southern crew.  Think were outta time, but hey, I'd LOVE to be wrong.  Wouldnt take a huge leap to at least keep us southeastern folks more white than wet.

540 nudged ever so slightly SE, but LP placement on GFS jumped 100 miles due north, flooding mid levels again.  IF 12z smoothes out and LP is back south, I think we'd be alright down here. 

NAM needs to step away from the coffee....and I'd think 12z runs should start to shed a better light for the "nest"

Archived